free website stats program cam bearing tools | Harley Davidson Forums

cam bearing tools

01 rk

Can anyone tell me if the same tools can be used to change the cam bearings on a '01rk and a '06flhtc.

yes the tools are the same for them to change is 06 dyna and 07 and up bikes

yes the tools are the same for them to change is 06 dyna and 07 and up bikes

The 06 Dyna and 07 and up big twins are different than the 99-06 big twins. The former uses a 1" cam bearing ( Torrington b-168) and the latter has a .875" cam bearing (Torrington b-148).

If you have the tool for one, you will have to see if they will sell you just the parts needed for the other without having to by a complete set.

As far as the question the OP posted the answer is yes they are the same, they both have the .875" bearings.

The 06 Dyna and 07 and up big twins are different than the 99-06 big twins. The former uses a 1" cam bearing ( Torrington b-168) and the latter has a .875" cam bearing (Torrington b-148).

If you have the tool for one, you will have to see if they will sell you just the parts needed for the other without having to by a complete set.

As far as the question the OP posted the answer is yes they are the same, they both have the .875" bearings.

Exactly! Spot on. Very good response, thanx.

TQ

Thanks for the info. Next question, anyone on the forum have a used set of the .875 B-148 for sale?

There is a guy on another forum that I am a member of that makes them. They are a combo puller/installer, the same tool does both jobs. Anyway he sells them for $90 each, shipped. He makes one for the 99-06's and one for the 06 Dyna and 07 up big twins. If you are interested pm me for his email address.
You can't beat the price and they work very well.

Randall

Back