free website stats program Cam bearing tools | Harley Davidson Forums

Cam bearing tools

01 Roadking

Hi All, I have just ordered the SE cam plate and hydraulic tensioner upgrade from Harley for my 01 Roadking classic. My bike has slightly over 30,000 miles and after reading about it here I feel I am living on borrowed time with my spring loaded tensioners. I love my bike and it is too expensive to fix if the tensioners fail so I haven't even checked them for wear, I'm just changing them out! As soon as I got my income tax return I ordered them. My problem now is that my work has slowed way down and I need to come up with the tools to change the inner cam bearings. Do any of you have them that you could part with? Or know where I could get a set reasonably? Before the income went down it wasn't a big deal but, now things are really stretched, especially after buying the upgrade kit! Anyway, any help you could offer in this area would be greatly appreciated!!

Brian

Check with your Harley service dealer and see if he can loan or rent you the tools. I know my dealer has offered to loan me the tools and service manuels.
kemo

I passed my stuff along to one of our members named HDWarrior. The deal I made with him is that I would lend them to him for a $100 check + shipping. Then when he was done, he could send them back and I would send him back the $100. If he wanted to keep the tools, I was happy with $100 for them.

He did not return them to me, so you might contact him and see if he would part with them for the same deal.

TQ

Hi All, I have just ordered the SE cam plate and hydraulic tensioner upgrade from Harley for my 01 Roadking classic. My bike has slightly over 30,000 miles and after reading about it here I feel I am living on borrowed time with my spring loaded tensioners. I love my bike and it is too expensive to fix if the tensioners fail so I haven't even checked them for wear, I'm just changing them out! As soon as I got my income tax return I ordered them. My problem now is that my work has slowed way down and I need to come up with the tools to change the inner cam bearings. Do any of you have them that you could part with? Or know where I could get a set reasonably? Before the income went down it wasn't a big deal but, now things are really stretched, especially after buying the upgrade kit! Anyway, any help you could offer in this area would be greatly appreciated!!

Brian
you pay the shipping + deposit you can borrow our extra set

If it doesn't pan out to borrow a set of tools, I got mine from Georges Garage. The set for removing and installing ran me about $145. I elected to sell them on ebay after I was done. Think I got $85.

If it doesn't pan out to borrow a set of tools, I got mine from Georges Garage. The set for removing and installing ran me about $145. I elected to sell them on ebay after I was done. Think I got $85.
VERY nice stuff,was talking to him at the V-TWIN expo in cinci,real nice guy too(wish he was around before i bought all my jims stuff!!)

the install tool ya got to buy but a remover you can make up from a blind hole bearing puller .. i used the one i made up for changing my wheel bearings on my 08 worked great and a multi purpose tool

I read in another post that Auto zone will lend you a blind hole puller just holding a deposit until you return the tool. I called them and confirmed it. Tquentin1 I sent HDWarrior a message to see if we could work out a deal, thanks for the idea:D Also thank you for the other replies. If this idea doesn't work I will contact other offers that come along. I appreciate being able to find so much help from people on this site. You all are the best!!

Brian

Back