free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

What's going on Nightster owners? Hey my electrical problems are finally fixed. Recently had Vance and Hines Shorties installed and she is running like a band of Rednecks running down the mountain LOL very little popping. But I'm not sure if I have to have some sort of adjustment like the dealer says? But they always say with any upgrade there has to be a computer adjustment to the Nightster. ( like i bought this new watch and the dealer said "I need to come in and get my Sportster adjusted now for my new purchase"! I got so (EDITED)
I told the Oklahoma Dealership to get the HE double hockey sticks out of my face cause i bought this watch from walmart.
Sorry for the stupid joke...everyone

I really just want to know if i have to get my computer adjusted if i add new pipes? Vance and Hines

Thanks anyone
Awfulkanaful

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Different schools of thought on the fuel management. I say a TFI can't hurt while others say you don't need to remap.

The fuel is on the very lean side in stock form and once you add slip ons and especially a stage 1, they go leaner.

Lean is hot and not good for the engine. Add some fuel management and you will see a difference the way it runs.

This is what I use and they work well.

http://www.techlusion.com/

Also FRANKENCHOKY, I have changed a few sets of bars and find that a hook in the ceiling above the bike and a bungee cord the right length to hold up the bars while you are changing/mounting works well just like an extra pair of hands.:s

Hey Glider,
I not sure what the TFI is or anything about it I really dont want to pay the dealer to re map my lil' hog they get me for so much. I pulled the plugs on my Nightster and they are a bit white (grey) and I just want to ride. Glider help me get back on the road with out blowing the bike or my wallet.
Thanks,'
Awfulkanaful

Glider,
Ok I looked at the link, man it's just gonna be $100.00 after the other with this Harley. Man I just wish I could get away with just installation and move on. Theres gotta be an easier way!!!! I've raced motocross for 24 years broke 19 bones flew through the 60+ miles an hour. I'm tired of beating my self to be the fastest I just want to be as cool not the coolest.

thanks
Awful

my nightster was allergic to the cold,,,,,,,bad E.C.M been running great, but every now&then it stumbles. still getting used to thi rubber mounted motor!!!!

Hey Glider,
I not sure what the TFI is or anything about it I really dont want to pay the dealer to re map my lil' hog they get me for so much. I pulled the plugs on my Nightster and they are a bit white (grey) and I just want to ride. Glider help me get back on the road with out blowing the bike or my wallet.
Thanks,'
Awfulkanaful

If you go to the Techlusion site, it will give you an idea of what and how it works. Upgrading any bike will cost some $$$ and can't be helped unless you leave it stock. No way around it.
http://www.techlusion.com/

Also take a look in the tech section here on the forum.

Diagnostics, Alarms/Security, and Fuel Injection Related. - Harley Davidson Community

I got a question for anyone that can answer it. I want to add a new Air Cleaner to my '07 Nightster, I am really like the looks of the Forcewinder Air Cleaners. Is there any Air Cleaners out there like this for the XL 1200N, or am I stuck with the SE Stage 1?:wall

I also got the shorties, love em. I would get the fuel pack from v&h. It was easy to hook up, the hardest part is stuffing it back under your seat. But it made a big difference, and it is better for you engine.

Whats up everyone. Just joined up. Ive had my nightster since april of 07 and ive got 7k miles on it so far. I ride my bike 80miles a day rain, shine, below 30 degrees , etc. and ive had 0 problems so far. Ive put the mini apes, rush tips, v&n fuel pak, stage 1 a/c, retro grips and removed my front fender, front turn signals, belt guard, heat shields and wrapped my exhaust down to my tips.

Back