free website stats program Cable kits??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cable kits???

ridin88ci

Hey guys I got some 16" apes for my roadie.....where should I go for some AFFORDABLE cables and brake lines???? I am looking for black....

If you know how to weed thru the nomenclature you can find everything you need at Jegs. Usually bike brakes are AN-3 (3/16" tubing) but you will need to nail down the size of your banjo fittings top and bottom. They also have some pre-made up bottom tree tube or manifold bends if you'd rather not do your own and of course some folks just go with flex all the way (if you're running single disks).

They have Pre-Assembled Brake Hose -03AN Straight to Straight available in various links. Just remember if you go with tube at any facet you will have to use the -03AN Steel Tube Sleeves since it connects up differently than the SAE inverted flare fittings on autos (which is also sold there). For the flex hose part the AN fittings use a similar thingy called an olive.

Just follow the headings labeled "BRAKE" this or "BRAKE" that. Don't get mixed up with fuel lines which are designed to operate under less pressure standards.

I contacted Burly brand since they dont make one for road kings right now they said they may have a kit available within a month or two....They are by far the most affordable 175ish compared to 300+ :newsmile042:

Back