free website stats program Bye Sportster! Hello Fat Boy Low! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bye Sportster! Hello Fat Boy Low!

Congrats on the new bike...I would recommend to you that once spring does arrive,find yourself an empty parking lot and work on your lock to lock turns,some figure eights and even some emergency braking to get the feel of the Fat Boy over the Sporty...I think you will find the Fat Boy is a great handling bike....Enjoy and ride safe!

That is going to be a great bike. Congrats.

I wonder why the dealer doesn't trailer it over to you though. Most dealers have one. I hope they don't leave it on the showroom floor. You will feel violated if it gets a scratch on it before you have even ridden it.

I am sure it will all work out though withthe mods and all. Spring isn't that far off. :)

That is going to be a great bike. Congrats.

I wonder why the dealer doesn't trailer it over to you though. Most dealers have one. I hope they don't leave it on the showroom floor. You will feel violated if it gets a scratch on it before you have even ridden it.

I am sure it will all work out though withthe mods and all. Spring isn't that far off. :)

Thanks for the concern. Yes, she is not on the showroom floor. Once the dealer has the SE jet black slip-ons installed (HD should've them in black in the first place), I plan to visit the dealership. I am also thinking of putting in the SE air cleaner. Can't wait!!

Congrats on the new bike...I would recommend to you that once spring does arrive,find yourself an empty parking lot and work on your lock to lock turns,some figure eights and even some emergency braking to get the feel of the Fat Boy over the Sporty...I think you will find the Fat Boy is a great handling bike....Enjoy and ride safe!

Yap, got a little dilemma. Got to do the 30-60-30 when I take her out from the dealership but also need to hit the parking lot and practice, practice, practice...

Last edited by a moderator:
i went from a 1200xlh to a roadking, best thing i did too. its actually easier to ride than the sporty but take your time getting used to the extra weight

Congrats! I saw a FB Low at a local HD dealer a few weeks ago and I love the look.

I jumped from a 1200 XLC to a 09 Road Glide. I rode the Sporty for 7 years before changing. The RG felt big at first doing slow turns. The 96" and the 6 speed, once your going and crusing @ 70 MPH, it's awesome. Now I loved my solid mounted 1200, but love the tourer even more.

Ride safe and have fun!

So I went to the dealership today to take some pictures. Detachable saddlebags are on and so is the heavy breather. Waiting on the black slipons to be installed. When will spring be here? Expecting 10+ inches of snow tom nite here :(

0101.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

Nice looking scooter, I'm happy for you. My dad said it's snowing HARD in Wisconsin right now....might be a while before you get her out. I'm in the same boat, building my stage 3 103 motor and can't wait to try her out. Too much snow!!!!

Back