free website stats program Bye Bye American Chopper | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bye Bye American Chopper

More like a scream.

Really...a diesel bike? Sad.

BACK WHEN my 2000 FXDS... BUILT BIG and with WAY TOO MUCH COMPRESSION.. even with a proper TUNER (spark retard) 91 octane gas just didn't work well.
Around the four corners area.. USA
I would pull-up to the DIESEL pump and REALLY get STRANGE STARYS from the other bikers around the station...

I would (back then) motion the operator of the pumps (inside) to turn on the DIESEL pump... TAKING MY TIME with this procedure, I would get a pretty big crowd of watchers....

Most of the bikers RUNNING over to see what I was doing..

SAYING "HEY THATS DIESEL", "WHAT ARE YOU DOING" and ALL the OTHER SAYINGS not allowed here...

MY REPLY... AS the bike was NEW then......

THIS IS HD's newest DIESEL BIKE....
and the looks on the BIKERS FACES as i put a little diesel INTO the tank...

ONE SPOUTING OFF " OH YEAH, I HEARD ALL ABOUT THAT NEW BIKE"....
Trying to impress HIS buddies,,,, he knew all about it..

AFTER putting in the SMALL amount of DIESEL ,,, THEN PUSHING bike over to the GAS PUMP,,,, AS I GRABBED the HIGH test to FINISH OFF the fill,,, the FUN resolved its self as a few were not interested any more SOME,,KINDA MAD ,,,, walking off...

THE ONES that stayed to ASK WHY THE DIESEL????

Got a money saving idea to PASS on to their friends....IF NOT JUST THE STORY of the CRAZY BIKER using DIESEL

DIESEL STOPS the KNOCK that a motor of HIGH COMPRESSION has when using TOO LOW a OCTANE fuel.. C-TANE i think it is called.

On todays bike engines with 02 sensors,,, don't like the OILY in diesel and will have PROBLEMS...

The RATIO of 40 to 1 was what the FARM TRUCKS of years ago used... when using CORN WHISKEY to run their equipment...

DIESEL, BUT better to use KEROSENE will LUBE the upper end of a motor..

IF you don't go over board with the amount, I've never had a carbon build-up problem at all.... static compression was 215 lbs.

signed....BUBBIE

They build theme bikes for advertizing product companys, there's a lot of money in that, just burns me a little when I have to pay the extra dollar for a tool so they can have a theme bike built, I don't mind paying for quality, but come on. I stopped watching OCC before I started, when you don't see a tech use one air tool, it's just not real world.
The bike is clean but I would not kill to own it.

Here's the bike they built for Snap-On
snap-on.jpg

Agreed - got tiring watching Paul (Sr. & Jr.) & Mikey fight all the time. I can only take so much negative energy at once. Should've ended when Vin departed & before they built the "dream shop."

Last episode I watched - their "Village Moron" Jason beat Paul Sr. in a weld-off - what a shame!!! Time to throw in the towel.

I think I watched American Chopper once and that was to much,Hobbit you mentioned alot of great builders but you cant leave out the Ness family when talking about class and quality

Too bad Indian Larry died, He was a reall builderJMO

JK; agree, Larry built awesome "old-school" scoots. Sad his life ended shorter than it should, but at least he went out doing what he loved (cool trickster). Godspeed to Indian L...:rider

He's tossing back a cold one w/Capt Phil from Deadliest Catch (sad loss too).:Banane35:

Back