free website stats program Buzzing sound then engine died | Harley Davidson Forums

Buzzing sound then engine died

roadking01

Contributor
Coming home from work yesterday, I heard a faint buzzing sound coming from the front of the bike, after a few minutes after I heard the buzzing the engine just died I was going about 40 mph and I didn't fill any hesitation before it died, I tried to start the bike but all I got was some sputtering and then nothing.

I checked for codes and have a 41 crank possition sensor code, however I have about 2k miles on a brand new one. I have spark and I spayed starting fluid in the throutle body and the engine turns on for a couple of seconds so I think my problem might be lack of fuel? can a bad crankshaft possition sensor cut off fuel supply? could the buzzing sound be from the fuel pump going bad? any suggestions?

The bike is a 01 RK with 130k kiles on it everything stock exept for slip on mufflers and as far as I know the fuel pump has never been replaced.

can a bad crankshaft possition sensor cut off fuel supply?

I don't know if your model year does it but I know my 2009 will. If the crank sensor signal is interrupted the system relay opens and kills both fuel and spark.

It would be Great to know what your fuel pump pressure was.. That would tell you a bunch, but without the special adapter it is not easy to take a reading.

Is the buzzing coming from around the fuel tank, I wonder if your fuel pump is defective.
kemo

Back