free website stats program Buying XL 1200 C | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying XL 1200 C

Thanks.

I gave a bit less than that.

Less that 12k to be exact.

The one i chose came standard with forward controls, and it is a XL 1200 C.

Is this not a standard item in CA on the Customs?

....The one i chose came standard with forward controls, and it is a XL 1200 C.

Is this not a standard item in CA on the Customs?

Forward controls may be standard. I bought mine used in Seattle. I've got it for sale in Edmonton for $11,000 with 5,200 miles on it.
I think it's a fair price. It's exactly what it cost me in cash and import costs, nevermind all the hassles importing.

Last edited:
Agreed.

Alot of people stereotype a sporty as a "cheap" bike....when they really aren't "cheap" at all.

They may be lower priced than others, but definitely not cheap.

According to the HD brochures I have, the XL1200C is equipped with forward controls from the factory, at least with the U.S. models.

New XL1200C's are in the $14k range out the door here in Nevada. I was able to purchase a 2006 XL1200C last year for $8k from the dealer, with a lot of extras (including Stage 1 work with SE II pipes, Air cleaner and re-jeting of the carb). It only had 2100 miles on it.

Naturally, I have spent an additional $3k plus since, fullfilling the the proverb that "purchase of an HD is merely a down-payment on the accessories."

A couple of my purchases have been the quick-detach windshield and a Sundowner seat, which have made my long-distance riding much more comfortable with the group of enthusiasts I ride with. 350+ mile day rides are no problem. They cannot leave me behind, and with the roadster tank on my bike, I can fill up with gas on the same schedule with the big bikes. I'm averaging 48-50 miles per gallon.

The stock HD seat is VERY uncomfortable after about 120 miles IMHO.

Enjoy your bike!!!

Steve Scott

Thank you for your post Scott.

Congrats on the lucky purchase. Not a bad price @ all.

Tax, tags, and everything else, i gave $11,675. Not a bad price in my opinion.

I have heard many talking about the seats not being comfortable for longer rides, and not doubting anyone, but i think im going to give it a shot for myself. It may fit me better than others...time will tell.

:hii

Update

It is Sunday here, the bike will be under my arse on Wednesday.

Went to the dealership today and took care of the papers.

I went with the V&H Slip ons.

All else will remain stock for now.

I will most likely use the remainder of the accessory allowance and get me a new shiny helmet or something of the sort.

Of course...im going to ride it home from the dealer, take some pics and a shower...then disappear for a bit

:bigsmiley30:

Ok guys and gals....She's ready.

Picked her up about lunch today...and put about 150 on it.

I love everything, but the seat...its gonna have to go before too long.
I'm sure this is no surprise to any of you.

Its filthy as hell right now, so i'm going to let it cool a bit, then clean it up.

I'll probably be cleaning in the moon light, but none the less she will be clean.

I will post pics as soon as i get the chance.

100_1242.jpg

Back