free website stats program Buying my first touring bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying my first touring bike

D.Bradfield

Buying a used 2014 ultra limited. Any suggestions on upgrades to start with. It has apes and slip ons. I'm 6'5" and looking forward to the apes. I ride a heritage classic now. My riding buddy says everybody starts with a softail and eventually finds themselves on a touring bike. I guess he's right this time!

Ride it for a while. After that you can decide on what upgrades are important to you. Oh and congratulations on the new ride!

As the saying goes "Some day you will own a bagger."
Try it you may like it just the way it is.:)

Ditto on Steve's advice...Don't rush in to any upgrades or add ons. The list of possibilities is endless. Figure out what will make it more comfy get a game plan and stick to it. Otherwise you end up spending more than ya planned...ask me how I know. That being said the best changes I made were the seat and going to my apes on my old FLHX and my current FLHR. Huge improvement. Good luck enjoy the scoot.

I went from a 2013 flhr to a 2015 flhx,the difference without doing a thing to it is appreciable.Feels stronger all the way through.Your 2014 is the same engine as the 2015.Both improved over 2013-later

good set of pipes air cleaner, a cam would really wake it up then tune, you would be at 95 hp 110 tQ, which is pretty good bang for your buck.

Back