free website stats program Buying a brand new bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying a brand new bike

I have bought both, new and used. Got a great price on the used no doubt and was a very good bike but I was constantly chasing little issues here and there. Once I ran very low on fuel and after filling up it would hardly run. Come to find out the bike at one time had sat up for a long period of time and the lower large retangular filter was stuck to the bottom of a rusty tank. After restoring all of that, all was fine again concerning the fuel. Just items like that. One thing on a preowned I have noticed, be aware of previous owner mods. Sometimes they lack the skills to do the work properly. I ran into this with wiring issues with the larger apes that were installed. Just depends on how much and how handy you are with motorcycles.

Also, do not be lead to believe that the price of the motorcycle that is priced higher than normal is special because of the mods. The previous owner did mods to suit his or her fancy not yours. Just like a overpriced anniversary or CVO bikes in reality they are not a high demand commodity.

Bought my fist new bike in about 20 years. 2015 Road Glide Special. I am just trying not to think about how much it cost. I love the bike though.

Back