free website stats program Buying a bike from ebay? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buying a bike from ebay?

my problem with all this is we all want to save a dime but when you spend a dollar looking you already losing.what i would do is go grab an 08 and get a deal and ride it home that day ride it if the weather allows if not eat dinner with her in the garage

I bought an old Triumph Bonneville T140 1979 model about 3 years ago for Aus $300.
It was in a fairly ordinary state. Spent about Aus $2000 so far,
but when I finish it and sell it on I should get a very good return for what I will have spent.

At the price I bought mine at I had money for a 95" rebuild with S&S gear drive 510 cams and I have put on Rinehart pipes. With the SERT and Dyno it is about 90HP and 97 TQ, runs perfect.

I would rather let someone else take the initial markdown.

There are tons of low milage bike FS right now. maverick

I bought an old Triumph Bonneville T140 1979 model about 3 years ago for Aus $300.
It was in a fairly ordinary state. Spent about Aus $2000 so far,
but when I finish it and sell it on I should get a very good return for what I will have spent.

At one time those were the bike to have. Nice pick up off the bay. :cheersmaverick

Actually I have friends...2 to be exact...well I have more than two (I Hope!)..One who sold his bike on Ebay and one who bought...both had very good luck...just be sure and check their feedback..if the person has sold a lot of stuff on ebay..he's probably not the owner but sellin on a consignment. If he has 1 or two sales on Ebay..then its hard to get feed back ..but he's probably the owner of the bike...My friend who bought a bike there... the guy he bought from was the only thing he sold on ebay...but the man told him where he bought the bike originally so that way my friend was able to check out the service records..something to consider..The guy who sold his bike in his ad he told where his bike was purchased...it lasted 7 days and it was sold...So both parties in this case had very little feed back...so just be very careful....Don't be afraid to ask questions of the seller...coz there are lots of frauds out there. Also check Craigs List...and find one in your hometown...

Not sure about stock, but most dealers have good prices on their demo's, well maintained for the most part.

Back