free website stats program Buyer beware | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buyer beware

Which dealer is it Las Vegas - Red Rock HD ( same owners ) or Henderson HD ?? I dealt with both and I was not real happy with the results from either one . You may want to head south and talk to the folks @ Mother Road HD in Kingman AZ you may get some better results from them before you deal with the MoCo .

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think most of us have found that you have to be your own lawyer at times to get things done.

On a seperate note and if all else fails could the motor be sent back to Harley for the Reman process ?

Depending on what model engine its $2500 - $3500 plus service which sounds better than $5000 - Good luck Bob

Got to wonder if we'll ever get a second post from him following up on this situation. Or maybe he just needed to vent and he feels better now.

came to pieces and took out the bottom of my motor. Now that it's going to cost $5000 to fix, all of a sudden, the warranty is void because I had motor work done on it. .

I would like to hear the dealership's side of this story. I may be wrong, but I have this feeling there is more to it than meets the eye.

I would like to hear the dealership's side of this story. I may be wrong, but I have this feeling there is more to it than meets the eye.

DITTO. I am always at least suspicious when a one time poster comes and bashes on this site. Page two of replies with no more comment from him. Not saying he is not legit, but it sure seems suspicious he would join just to post that statement. Did not ask for help or advice, just bashed HD. :s

Walleye, here is a totally unrelated story because I just have to vent. I use to have a summer job working in a lawn mower shop. You would never believe how many people would walk through the front door and DEMAND a new mower because it just "blew up". So you open the engine up and the connecting rod is in 3 pieces because the owner ran it without oil. Oh it had oil in it when they brought it in,,,. Just none in it when it "blew up all by itself".

It got so bad, Tecumseh, put on a seminar with printed manuals on how to identify lack of oil failures. I mean a GREAT seminar and I still have the books. Filled with lots of tricks on how to reverse engineer oil related failures and failures that "just blew up all by themselves".

That response from RichardS is exactly what keeps me coming to this site. Through all the anger and frustration expressed by someone who feels they have been wronged, there comes advice that is direct and in almost every case, reliable.
Please take that advice. Do what was suggested and follow through. Just never give up. As a young man in the military I was told, it was ok to give out once you had used every available resource....but never, never give up.

I find this very hard to believe, if the work was done by a H D dealer it is covered, end of story, makes you go HMMMM I would follow up with The MOCO direct JMO

Back