free website stats program buy back | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

buy back

A stock 96 will give off plenty of heat unless it has a fuel tuner installed. When I first got my '10 the 96" run way hot until I installed my TFI. I have since did a 103 stage 2 and it was hot but I landed up going with my trusty TFI and it is much cooler now. Just sayin..

I have a 2010 Ultra Limited with a 103. It was way hot stock. I really liked the bigger motor so I took off the headers (Cat) and stock pipes. Went with V & H header and slip on's, then installed a PCV and did a stage 1. The bike runs great and it's so much cooler. Love it now. I don't know that simply going to a 96" will make a significant difference if the bike has a cat installed. Good luck with your new bike, hope it works out for you.

chuck60; congrats on the trade deal - glad it worked out & agree w/the 96 motor. Test drove a 103 last year & in just 5-miles I was convinced it would take even more mod ca$h to cool it down. My little 2009 96" touring motor gets up to hwy speeds just fine...without the "free" heater. :D

I have a 2010 Ultra Limited with a 103. It was way hot stock. I really liked the bigger motor so I took off the headers (Cat) and stock pipes. Went with V & H header and slip on's, then installed a PCV and did a stage 1. The bike runs great and it's so much cooler. Love it now. I don't know that simply going to a 96" will make a significant difference if the bike has a cat installed. Good luck with your new bike, hope it works out for you.

It has a stage 1 with Vance and Hines slip ons, not to hot at all.

Back