free website stats program button fob alarm PIN discover/change | Harley Davidson Forums

button fob alarm PIN discover/change

cdn-bigfoot

I don't know my alarm PIN. I have key and push button fob.
It's a 2006 Dyna Street Bob.
No, I don't have a manual either.:coffee

Can anyone please provide me the instructions from the manual on discovering and changing my PIN.

Please don't refer me to the quick tips in this forum. None of them deal with the SINGLE BUTTON FOB alarm systems.:sd

TSSM key fob assignment is not too hard, but the personal code programming can be lengthy. To assign the fob, remember that the procedure must be completed with no pauses between each step greater than 10 seconds, so read this a couple of times first to fully grasp it.
Set Run/Off switch to Off
Turn IGN key: On-Off-On-Off
Press Left turn signal switch 2 times, release. (you should now see two signal flashes)
Press right signal 1 time. (you should see 1 flash)
Press left turn signal 1 time (you should see 2 flashes)
Press and hold Key Fob until 2 flashes occur (may take 25 seconds)
If you have two Fobs, you will want to press and hold the 2nd one in at this time, until 2 flashes occur.
Trun IGN off. You done.

I’d recommend you get a manuel, best 70 accessory you can buy for any bike, and the lengthy TSSM procedure is in there. I the battery has been disconnected there are more things to program, sorry, but hope that gets your fob going. By the way, most dealers will set you a new code free,,, seriously, free man.:hii

Thanks Bikermonkey.
I guess I need to get down to my HD Dealer for manual to figure out the PIN and change it.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• showroom.jpg
    showroom.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 12
I figured out all on my own how to find PIN. No manual.
Now I gonna steal all your bikes.

Kidding.
You need the key and a fob that is programmed for that bike to achieve this.
Hardly a security risk to share this info. So here it is. I thought I should post it for others struggling along without a PIN or a manual.

Discovering your PIN - Manual Security Code (button fob)
To discover your PIN code using the key and button type fob
Turn key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON
Press left signal twice
Press fob button twice
PIN will be displayed in odometer window with first digit flashing.

To Change PIN - button fob models
To change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

Select a new 5 digit code ABCDE (using 1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in your owners manual.
With your key and button fob turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON
Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.
Press button on fob twice.
Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.
(a) Enter first digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal until the new first digit appears in the window.
Press button on fob twice to enter number.
(b) Enter second digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch until it appears in position 2.
(c) Enter third digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch until it appears in position 3.
(d) Enter fourth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch until it appears in position 4.
(e) Enter fifth digit of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch until it appears in position 5.

Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

Thanks to Glider's quick help section on which I based my procedure.

Last edited:
Yeah thanks Glider.
Your "quick tips" were very useful in me determining the correct procedure for the button fob system.
Main difference is... With a button fob system you must hit the button on fob twice instead of hitting right signal to enter new code. Same to find existing PIN. Button fob twice instead of right signal.
My instruction are based on yours, but read perfectly for button fobs. Yours are acurate for smart fobs only.

Please post the differences in your help section.

Let 'em hear you comin!

Last edited:
Back