Busted !

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BOWHIKER, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

The other night when i got home i decided ti give the nt a quick dusting since the wind blew 30 mph that day and the vivid black got rather dusty . I was spraying her down with my pledge when the wife came out in the garage and noticed what i was using . She said " are you using pledge ?" i looked at her and said yup . She then said i thought that would leave an oily film ? I told her that it's different now compared to umpteen years ago and now it's the best kept secret of detailers for show cars and bikes .
    Lol she had a very surprised look on her face .

2. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I don't use the real Pledge (sorry Glider) I get the stuff at the Dollar store for a buck. I read someone did an analyze and the basic formulas are the same. I am satisfied with the job that I get. So bottom line if you don't mind using no name and want to save a buck get the buck a can at the Dollar store.
    kemo

3. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

I have started doing the same thing. It works just as good for a 3rd of the cost.

4. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

I bought the dollar store soap scum remover for the shower (I clean the shower, I get to ride guilt free). Stuff smelled tough but didn't remove one molecule of soap scum. Used the whole bottle on a 12" area...nothing. I hope the $1 pledge isn't watered down with some chemical that's harmful to paint.
    [​IMG]

5. sellisssn

sellisssn Member

I like Lucas slick mist, mainly because I like the smell of bubblegum over lemons......

6. rick1062

rick1062 Active Member

Bowhiker,
    So is this stuff from the dollar store a product for automotive cleaning, or is a household type cleaner like Pledge?

7. Big Rol

Big Rol Active Member

Can you get any other flavors? the lemon smell is gross, reminds me of grandmas

8. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

The kind i get from the dollar store is household just like pledge.

9. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

I bought the outdoor fresh just for the SG...:s

10. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

This might sound stupid, but how do you apply the pledge, do you spray it on a rag then wipe?
    Since my bike is glacier white pearl, and little dust just sticks to it.