free website stats program Busted ! | Harley Davidson Forums

Busted !

BOWHIKER

The other night when i got home i decided ti give the nt a quick dusting since the wind blew 30 mph that day and the vivid black got rather dusty . I was spraying her down with my pledge when the wife came out in the garage and noticed what i was using . She said " are you using pledge ?" i looked at her and said yup . She then said i thought that would leave an oily film ? I told her that it's different now compared to umpteen years ago and now it's the best kept secret of detailers for show cars and bikes .
Lol she had a very surprised look on her face .

I don't use the real Pledge (sorry Glider) I get the stuff at the Dollar store for a buck. I read someone did an analyze and the basic formulas are the same. I am satisfied with the job that I get. So bottom line if you don't mind using no name and want to save a buck get the buck a can at the Dollar store.
kemo

I don't use the real Pledge (sorry Glider) I get the stuff at the Dollar store for a buck. I read someone did an analyze and the basic formulas are the same. I am satisfied with the job that I get. So bottom line if you don't mind using no name and want to save a buck get the buck a can at the Dollar store.
kemo

I have started doing the same thing. It works just as good for a 3rd of the cost.

I bought the dollar store soap scum remover for the shower (I clean the shower, I get to ride guilt free). Stuff smelled tough but didn't remove one molecule of soap scum. Used the whole bottle on a 12" area...nothing. I hope the $1 pledge isn't watered down with some chemical that's harmful to paint.
WAP.gif

Bowhiker,
So is this stuff from the dollar store a product for automotive cleaning, or is a household type cleaner like Pledge?

This might sound stupid, but how do you apply the pledge, do you spray it on a rag then wipe?
Since my bike is glacier white pearl, and little dust just sticks to it.

Back