free website stats program BURRRRRR cold morning | Harley Davidson Forums

BURRRRRR cold morning

softail00

I froze my (edit) off this morning when I rode to work my torso was warm but that was about it. I thought I dressed for the weather but was not prepared at all. First of all what do they make other than chaps for the legs to keep the cold wind from cutting through my pants?What type of gloves that are thin and roomy but still keep my hands warm do you bikers recommend? What type of face protection is the best out there ? I dont want to pack a suitcase in the afternoon when it warms up just to take all my cloths home is there a simple set of gear to pack?

Last edited by a moderator:
softail, I live in Central Oregon which is high desert area and it gets mighty cold here as well. I have the Harley Davidson heated jacket and gloves and for the lower half I wear thermal underwear as well as flannel lined jeans that I purchased from LL Bean under my chaps.

I wear this attire with the heated gear properly plugged in with temperatures below 32 degrees. Anything above that temperature, say to about 45 degrees, I wear the same set up without plugging in the heated gear. I find that the heated jacket holds body heat in very well and keeps me warm with out plugging being plugged in.

Hang in there, the good weather is coming!! Not fast enough for me either.

Ride safe!!

:42:Burrrr is right. 31 deg the other morning. Don't know what scooter you drive, but i put front-fork & fairing wind deflectors on my EG (plus wearing pants like you have) and, minus the leggin's, I road A-OK! Good ridin' to you! :42:

I had the same problem the other morning. My gloves are not the best for cold weather, actually where my snow gloves when it is really cold. Then just my jacket, chaps and I have a mask that goes over my head, covers the neck, and leaves my face as open as I want it, either covering up over my nose or under teh chin. Legs were still cold the other morning when I got in, but warmed up within the hour.

Johns Pass in west palm beach has the best dolphin I have ever tried!

No snow here in GA. Just a little cool here for my ride into work this morning, about 50 deg. Supposed to be 72 today though. The ride home should be excellent.

Back