free website stats program burnt oil on top of piston. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

burnt oil on top of piston.

Thanks Jack for the input,Do you think thats where the oil on the pistons is coming from,From the breathers?The motor has a new cvo crank,Bigger bore cyls.that are 20 over new pistons rings bearings seals gaskets.the heads are se cnc ported,when we tore the motor apart the old pistons were pretty clean like it was running lean.So i dont think it could be a valve proublum or guide proublum.I think the old pistons would have the same proublum.
See post 10 from Dolt, this what I was talking about:s

Thanks every one for the all the advise,Does anybody no where you can buy one of these oil catch cans.I think thats the route iam gonna go.Thanks again everybody.

Thanks every one for the all the advise,Does anybody no where you can buy one of these oil catch cans.I think thats the route iam gonna go.Thanks again everybody.

Probably look at JP Cycle or M&M cycle (the mom and pop store)

Usually sold as an aftermarket product.

signed....BUBBIE

Venting to the ground is NOT a big environmental problem/concern for me.
IMO; The asphalt roads have more oil Oozing from them and the little dropped from MY bike won't hurt a thing IN MY BOOK...:s Might be a drop every mile or two and also the cement will absorb that.

Way I'll do it:
venting to the atmosphere

That means to connect From the intake and drop two hoses connected into One using a "Y" fitting and place connecting single hose down between the tranny/below engine level, where the gas-tank vents to the atmosphere.

Kinda looks like what dolt posted.

signed....BUBBIE

Back