free website stats program burning cleaner on one side | Harley Davidson Forums

burning cleaner on one side

kingsand

I have an 09 street glide with 1700 miles on it. Its a CA bike and i noticed today that tip on the left side is more black than the right side is. Im changing to rineharts tomorrow, but wonder why the change in burn between the two. Is it because it is more of a straight shot out the right side and therefor burns hotter?

I assume you are referring to exhaust here?

The right side muffler handles most all of the exhaust and will be cleaner than the left. The left is basically a sound chamber.

You'll have to buy a genuine Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle Smoke Shifter and use it to alternate the exhaust smoke from left to right.
Let the dealer put it on so it doesn't void your warranty!!!!:newsmile100:

My 05 EGS does the same thing. One side is lighter than the other. I am still using the stock exhaust. I have heard that the exhaust scavaging is better on the stock exhaust.

Actually on my 09 stock, more exhaust came out of the *left* muffler than the right. At least at idle, and when blipping the throttle. I checked another 09 and it was the same. Interestingly when I switched to SE Touring mufflers the felt exhaust pressure became even.

Back