free website stats program Burly Slammer Kit??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Burly Slammer Kit???

ihave a softail but lowered my bike 2in in front(progrssive) and lowerd the back 2 1/2 adjustable bolts love the look but a lot harder of a ride really no travel at all in rear sometimes throws me up in the air so be careful about going to down to far

Well...the ride on the softtail is naturally gonna be a little stiffer than on a swingin' arm frame...I mean, look at the relative size of the shocks! I remember the first time I rode my Road King...how much of an improvement the ride was over my FatBoy. And I used the think the FatBoy was comfortable, even with the 1" lowered shocks. Way I look at it, even a stiff ride on my FXDC is more comfy than the ride I get on my hardtail sporty! And yeah, I been bounced up in the air a few times...trick is to hold on to the handlebars....
I just like that loooooowwwwww look....

As mentioned above the softail ride a bit on the hard side to begin with and when you lower then, it becomes even harder. I speak from experience with both lowered and standard height as well as baggers which have it all over the softails for ride and comfort.

Any bike that is lowered from the factory ride height suffers from a harder ride and bottoming out.

My neighbor used the slammer kit on a 08 Streetbob he hated it we put it back to stock and installed rear lowering blocks on his rear shocks I think it looked good slammed but it lost alot of suspension travel and bottomed out

Back