free website stats program Burly Slammer Kit??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Burly Slammer Kit???

Has anyone had any experience with the burly slammer kits? How's the ride quality? Quality parts?

I agree with what Hobbit said above. This is a pretty extreme amount of lowering to the bike, and the suspension has to be stiff to prevent the rider from bottoming out. The point of the video above (besides the obvious) is to show how easy the modification is. Use your judgement on this. If you use your bike to just scoot around with the gang, then probably not that big a deal. Any extended riding may not be comfortable.

TQ

I really liked the slim contoured seat that HD sold for my Super Glide. But I bought a big two up touring seat for the long rides and it makes a world of difference. Wouldn't the touring seat provide that extra comfort that you lose with the Burly Slammer? And isn't there anyone who has actually ridden a bike with one of these kits installed? We can all speculate....
Look, I'm old fashioned and I like the "low" look...

looks good but for the mount of travel on there its going to be a very stiff ride almost hard tail like, to stop it bottoming out

10.5" is a lot, from stock...but for a solo ride as Smitty says, it will ride like a bar stool, rather than a bike for any serious long distance beyond the city... But the price is competitive with not so radical Progressive alternatives...JMO...either way, ride 'er like ya stole it...eh...the bike :lolrolling

Last edited:
My other bike's a hardtail so even if the Super Glide is a little stiff, it's an improvement! After this last crash, I have decided not to commute back and forth to work any more. Seven crashes in ten years...I think somebody is trying to tell me something. Plus the commuter traffic not only gets worse, the drivers are getting stupider. If that's possible. So I am now reduced to riding on evenings, weekends, holidays and vacations. No more 25000 mile years. But at this age I have to protect my assets....
Hey smitty...
a little mil history if you please...just some numbers...
I have a few
501...11...1/8 1st C/AM...then hid out with USAID for the remainder.

Didn't notice the guy from Camarillo...
Please patronize one of my AB brothers: Dorothy's Chuck Wagon Cafe, if you haven't been there already. Best breakfast in three states and that is my unbiased opinion. Ask for Craig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jdatbs...I have eaten at Dots' Chuck Wagon Cafe...great breakfasts and huge portions, really like the breakfast potatoes...:D

And like you I like lowered bikes...both function and necessity, being 30" inseam, 5'6" tall and 135 lbs...my Sporty rides low, sacks only 'bout 1/2" (preload cranked up), using Progressive front and rear 11" rear shock, it is just enough...only bottoms suspension if riding two-up so if you use the Burly Slammer Kit and solo, you should be okay, and the parts have good chrome and flame graphics, very little not to like, just a bit harder ride...

Last edited:
What more can you ask for? In the dead of summer the weather is 20 degrees cooler, and you got Dot's to eat at. Maybe I should consider moving.
Think I'll go with the burly. Call it old age crazies.

I agree with what Hobbit said above. This is a pretty extreme amount of lowering to the bike, and the suspension has to be stiff to prevent the rider from bottoming out. The point of the video above (besides the obvious) is to show how easy the modification is. Use your judgement on this. If you use your bike to just scoot around with the gang, then probably not that big a deal. Any extended riding may not be comfortable.

TQ
what would you recommend for someone who rides a lot? i ride a deluxe and have wanted to slam it for a while now.

Back