free website stats program Burly Easyboy Lite Clutch | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Burly Easyboy Lite Clutch

I have seen some of the after market lite clutch pull kits that require more clearance in the clutch release cover to operate properly. If you remove the cover, you may see evidence of contact between the lever arm and the release cover if it has been used enough; that is where a little Dremel work will solve the problem. You don't want to hear this but if I were you and were going to pull the clutch release cover, I would toss the Burly parts and replace with the H-D Easy Pull kit; it will work. :s

I have seen some of the after market lite clutch pull kits that require more clearance in the clutch release cover to operate properly. If you remove the cover, you may see evidence of contact between the lever arm and the release cover if it has been used enough; that is where a little Dremel work will solve the problem. You don't want to hear this but if I were you and were going to pull the clutch release cover, I would toss the Burly parts and replace with the H-D Easy Pull kit; it will work. :s

Are you talking about the reduced effort clutch kit P/N 36808-05? The catalog says it only fits '99 and newer bikes.

I just installed a Burly Easyboy Lite Clutch kit on my 1997 FXDS. The clutch effort is definitely reduced, but now the clutch drags, even with all free play removed. The design of this thing obviously requires more lever travel, but it seems to take more than what's available in my case. I've heard that these work well. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Maybe this will help:

Easy Pull Clutch Harley-Davidson Installation Instructions

Are you talking about the reduced effort clutch kit P/N 36808-05? The catalog says it only fits '99 and newer bikes.

My bad, I missed that your bike was a '97 model. Not sure if that PN will work on an pre '99 model or not but do know that your problem is not unusual, particularly with the Burly kit. Of course there could be install or other related issues causing the problem; however, the remedy in similar situations has been to take a Dremel tool to the inside of the clutch release cover for more clearance between the cover and the lever arm to let the lever arm fully release. Are you sure that the Burly kit is the right kit for your bike?:eam

the remedy in similar situations has been to take a Dremel tool to the inside of the clutch release cover for more clearance between the cover and the lever arm to let the lever arm fully release. :eam

Tried this, no improvement.

The clutch drags enough that I can't shift into neutral. If I remove the hand grip and pull the lever all the way to the bare handlebar, then it lets loose just enough to go into neutral. I don't know what else to do but pull the clutch apart and inspect, although it worked well prior to installing the Burly.

The clutch drags enough that I can't shift into neutral. If I remove the hand grip and pull the lever all the way to the bare handlebar, then it lets loose just enough to go into neutral. I don't know what else to do but pull the clutch apart and inspect, although it worked well prior to installing the Burly.

Are you sure that you are completely collapsing clutch cable before adjusting basket.....
Another option might be to change to hydraulic clutch.

Back