free website stats program Bunch of Throttle Actuator codes | Harley Davidson Forums

Bunch of Throttle Actuator codes

daveyd

Check engine light came on my 08 RoadGlide. It has a 2 into 1 Rhienhart and ThunderMax EFI and O2 sensors. I get the following codes P2101 Actuator error, P2176 thottle position closed not learned and P1511 another actuator error. But the bike still "seems" tobe running fine. Starts, runs, response to throttle input is unaffected. I pulled the plug on the wire harness to the side of the actuator and cleaned it with contact cleaner and put some dielectric grease on it. Still got the check engine light. Any idea's?

Clean the connectors and use some Di-electric grease on them . Then clear the codes and run/ride the bike to see what, if any, codes return. This will tell you if the fault was errant or hard. We can go from there.

Also the check engine light will go out sometimes for a 10 or 20 miles then come back on. The check engine light goes out (could be a just dumb luck) during a good run at 70 or 80 for about 10 miles. But always eventually comes back on.

Also the check engine light will go out sometimes for a 10 or 20 miles then come back on. The check engine light goes out (could be a just dumb luck) during a good run at 70 or 80 for about 10 miles. But always eventually comes back on.

Is this throttle by wire?

I pulled the plug on the throttle actuator and cleaned them again and applied dielestirc grease and the actuator codes have not returned. But now I keep getting an intermittant 0152 - rear O2 sensor high. This happenedabout this time last summer. When I tried to order a new O2 sensor from ThunderMax there tech support called me and said the swap the the O2 sensors front to rear to see if the problem moved. It didn't it went away. So this morning I just unpluged the rear sensor, cleaned it and applied dielectric grease. Now the check engine lite comes and goes and I still get the P0152 code. Next step is to swap the sensors front to back and see if the bug moves. Appears yearly winter maintence will require cleaning all exposed electrical connections.

Back