free website stats program Bumpy Ride | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bumpy Ride

Things are interesting, Social Security sent me the forms for SSD this week and I filled them out and returned them yesterday. They are putting putting me in for SSD and not SSI. They made the choice, they called me on the phone asked a bunch of questions and then I got the paperwork.
The Office of Vocational Rehabilitation put me through a bunch of tests and one would have made a good game to play sober or drunk.
You get blindfolded, a bunch of shaped blocks are put in front of you and you have to put them in the right place on the board in front of you. I thought pin the tail on the donkey was bad as a kid, this is worse. There was $875.00 worth of tests and some were stressful and some were fun. Now it is wait for a decision and if I get rejected its called, "Lawyer up" and have them do the paper work and fight for the $$$

Good on you, When you turn 65 the SSD turns to SSI @ the SSD rate is higher, look @ your last SS report and compare the numbers, they go back 15 years on your work history, if you are over 55 and not re trainable for a sit down job it should be a slam dunk Best of luck

Back