free website stats program Bugs Bugs Bugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Bugs Bugs Bugs

wildey

Well its not going to be long the bug season will be upon us in Northern Mich.

What I would like to know is what stuff have you found that really works on keeping the pesky bugs from sticking to the fairings and everything else that ruins your paint or having to work your buns off to get them off.

My friend uses something called reel magic that he sprays on a rag then applys to his car and said it works really great.

I haven't tried it yet, but have tried the pledge, crystal glow stuff and god knows all the other stuff including harley products.

So is there something out there that REALLY works?

we ran into the same problem last weekend one of the guys used "spray clean and polish" took them off everything very well..i was impressed and bought some....then the pledge:D

Tank took you in the right direction

Since we can't avoid them, a good coating of Pledge on the tins and chrome will help with the removal of the pests remains.

Bounce dryer sheets (really any brand) will take those little suckers off once they are splattered all over your ride. Just remeber to rinse very well or you may end up with a white powder residue.

Wax or Pledge before the ride. After, I wet a towel and let it set on the offending area, little mild soap/bike wash helps too. Let it set for 15 minutes or so, and they come right off. Rinse well, towel dry, Pledge, and ready for the next ride. Don't have the dreaded "Love Bugs" up here, but I try to get anything off the shinny parts ASAP.:bigsmiley11::newsmile011:

Good wax job before ride (after cleaning) & 50/50 mix of water + peroxide cuts them off before next wash.

Wax or Pledge before the ride. After, I wet a towel and let it set on the offending area, little mild soap/bike wash helps too. Let it set for 15 minutes or so, and they come right off. Rinse well, towel dry, Pledge, and ready for the next ride. Don't have the dreaded "Love Bugs" up here, but I try to get anything off the shinny parts ASAP.:bigsmiley11::newsmile011:
Me too. Don't want those buggers lingering any more than necessary!

Back