free website stats program Buffeting on Night Train | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buffeting on Night Train

Take a look at baggers. Softails are meant to have the wind in your face. If your looking for the Cadillac, look at a Ultra Classic etc. If you start adding this and that to your Softail. You nay never end up comfortable as a bagger IMHO.

The saying goes....: " Someday you will own a Bagger." :s

There are several threads on this, RetiredJake and Bowhiker, have posted solutions by using a small extention bracket which changes the angle of the windshield.

Use the search option in the forum "windshield buffetting"

I have the same bike and had the same problem . Here's the solution , some where in the self help section are pictures of some brackets I made to put on the bottom of the wind shield that tilts the top back , this took care of the buffeting . In high wind in your face you'll still get a little but now I don't have to have a death grip when riding . I'll see if I can find it for you .

The saying goes....: " Someday you will own a Bagger." :s

When they get them to stop the the shake rattle and roll at an idle I might consider. That action may be OK if you are doing milk shakes in the saddle bags.:D

I have a habit of looking in my rear view mirrors for an "approaching to fast" auto at a stoplight, those dancing mirrors on a bagger don't look safe.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back