free website stats program Buffeting on Night Train | Harley Davidson Forums

Buffeting on Night Train

marcduf

Hello,
When i put the HD Quick-Release Windsheild on my Night Train, the wind in going under the windshield and coming up in my face from each side of the fuel tank. This is really annoying because the noise is amzing in my ears. I'm trying to find a solution. Anyone has idea besides riding without a windshield ?

I do ride in town without windshield, but on multiple-day trip, i like the windshield,

Thanks

Are you able to tilt windshield or adjust position of height to change air flow around shield???

I tried tilting it towards and away from me: No change.
What I did also is putting plywood to enlarge it and worked better.
But I do not waht to buy a bigger windwhield.
Wondering if a smaller would do ?
And I'm thinking of trying the removable batwing fairing from Memphis shades.

Before spending any more money in hope that a different shield will work. Make some deflectors out of plastic and attach to shield and see. A smaller shield might be a option but then you have the air coming over the top and into you chest or face. And the benefit of a shield will be less.
As to the batwing fairing. That is going to be a sizable expense.
What if a full face helmet is used along with windshield now???

Full face i not for me. I ride with open helmet even when the windshield is not on.

I also put lower deflector on the forks, no change.

It's not an easy one...

Take a look at the Memphis Shades windshield plastic lowers. I've heard several guys say it made a huge difference in the flow that comes up under the windshield.

Take a look at baggers. Softails are meant to have the wind in your face. If your looking for the Cadillac, look at a Ultra Classic etc. If you start adding this and that to your Softail. You nay never end up comfortable as a bagger IMHO.

Back