free website stats program Buell Scavenging | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell Scavenging

This is just out of curiocity: Kicking around the idea of doing a hardtail bobber build next winter. Obviouslly you can pick up a Buell a lot cheaper than a Sporty or Big Twin. How much headache would one generate by trying to do this project with a Buell motor and drive train?

Please don,t butcher another Buell. Too many people have destroyed a beautiful Buell. I have a Buell s3t and I will leave it sitting in the back of the shop and somebody will find it in 50 years and be over joyed.
kemo

I plan on doing the same thing.
Wrecked Buells can be had fairly cheap. They are basically a sporty motor as far as mounts and everything.
IF you're going to order your frame from somewhere, just tell them you plan on putting a buell motor in, not a standard sporty, and they can make the minor changes for you. If not, by what i've read/seen, its not that hard tomake them work.

Well its just a thought. One the one hand seems like a cheaper way to do a bar hopper. On the other hand it will always be a Buell and not ever a Big Twin... Hhhmmm.

Well its just a thought. One the one hand seems like a cheaper way to do a bar hopper. On the other hand it will always be a Buell and not ever a Big Twin... Hhhmmm.

Wonder can you order a complete Buell motor from THE MOCO?:s

yeah, but when complete, wrecked/damaged Buell's can be had for $1500, its hare to justify paying what ever the MoCo would want for a new motor, and it not even being turn key

How about a pre 04 sporster motor and tranny with buell heads, then you would have a trap door for easy tranny work?

Back