free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

Sadly most indys that work on Harleys consider the Buell a metric that just happens to have MOCO parts, and now they have dissolved the partnership, it is real easy to walk away and claim ignorance. With everyone scrambling for the little piece of market share in a stagnant economy, survival being the key word, it will only get worse.

I own a buell myself and although they are ment to be used in corners. .

Just read this thread, and I agree. I ride a shovel bagger, and while I can't keep up with the sport bikes in the corners, I ride it like i think I can. I purposelly seek out twisty roads, and most of the time my hands are too busy to wave. If I can, though, I give a little wave to everyone.
on a side note, I test rode an XR 1200 once, now that is the coolest bike HD as a motor company has produced in a long time.:bigsmiley11:

Shovel...

the XR 1200 is an awesome looking bike! Sporty yet... well... has that mean Harley muscle vibe to it.

In a few years once I sell my XB (still keeping the 1125) I plan on getting the XR or a Vrod... we'll see.

Hey NewHD

i'm 100% good to go... ok.. maybe 99.9999%. My left wrist is still has a little annoying pain when I turn it a certain way but considering the accident and such... I feel fortunate that is the only lingering effect.

hope everyone is staying safe out there and ready for a good 2010 of riding!

I wave at other bikes on the road. Some wave some don't. But where I am from everyones waves at everyone. In cars or bikes. I reckon it is a southern thing. My son loves the buels. I am more the cruiser type but have nothing against the Buell. I reckon that it is just some folks personal feelings.

I thought Buell riders weren't supposed to wave at anyone? At least that's what the advertisments indicated before Buell went out of business.

Actually I don't think Buell went out of business nearly as much as HD leaving because it had to concentrate on their more serious issues that were hemorraging cash. Buell had just started to climbing, also was branching out into competition racing wise, with some new designs in the works. I also don't think Erik was really all that good as a businessman then a builder/inventor so putting him in a minor role in the HD bureaucracy was kind of a waste of talent...! JMO

Back