free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

Hi HogWyld,

I hear you about the "weapon" thing. I was just kind of thinking out loud. I wouldn't do anything like that (these days) and I actually felt like an idiot after writing that within these forums.

Its best to keep the other guy in the wrong and walk away. I got too much riding to do to let some chode with an attitude ruin it. A couple buds and I are riding to Austin TX from Big D for the weekend... going to cruise the Hill Country. Looking forward to it :)

I'm glad you brought this issue up HogWyld... I've been meaning to address my stupid remark.

As a former Buell owner, I can say with some certainty nobody will wave back-they cant figure out if you're cruisin' sport-bikin' or just from another planet.....

Accepted by Harley riders why would it matter, why would anyone need to validate themselfs by a Harley riders wave. :cheers

I am a Harley rider. Yeah, I know. I am one tough son of a gun.:lolrolling
I accept Harleys, Buells, Victorys, Titans, Big Dogs, no OCC please, any of the metric bikes, scooters, powered skateboards and a few brands of rollerblades. I even accept Sportsters, perish the thought.
I do not understand the problem. Why do we all try so hard to elevate ourselves above others by alienating them?
If they are out in the fresh air riding they are good people. To denigrate them because they don't ride a Harley just enforces bad feelings between the groups. That is one thing we do not need.

...... I even accept Sportsters, perish the thought.

Now, now Gasbag - don't get your tassles in a twist about Sporties.:D:D

You're quite right about getting out there on a bike. Doesn't matter what it is - we're all brothers and sisters under the sky, enjoying the ride and feeling the wind. I can, however, understand people having a big loyalty to a brand when it means home employment and national revenue rather than profits or wages going overseas.

Mind you, I'm British and I still ride a Harley. Better get a Triumph next time :bigsmiley25:

I own a buell myself and although they are ment to be used in corners. people still wave to me. they don't wave asmuch though. you should try to find a buell ridding group. it will make you feel more wanted in the sport bike world. most sportbike groups will ride with you too. slthough it is more fun in a buell goup cuz they know what your bike is more capable of. that and they can help with tuning and ridding stradigies more.

Read today on the net that MoCo is stopping production of Buells and there are big question marks about MV Augusta.

Harley-Davidson net income falls 84% - MarketWatch

Difficult times......:(:(

My sympathies go to all those Buell employees and their families who are or will be affected by job losses, for what it's worth saying. Hope something else comes along for them soon.

Back