free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

Baggh

I've noticed a significant drop in waves from Harley riders since I went from the Sporty to the Buell. Whats up with this? Same company... same dealers... money going to the same place... same family... etc. So will I be allowed in the door to Harley events and such or will I be blocked given my new no-chrome look? :)

Don't sweat it! The wave is gay :breakdance anyways. I'll still wave at any bike, but it would be nice if everyone just dropped the wave altogether in my opinion.

Just enjoy your new bike, it is awesome!

Ride Safe!

Eric

You're only missing out on the waves from folks who only wave at Harleys and they can't tell what your bike is from a distance. I wouldn't worry if these Harley snobs aren't waving at you. Who cares?

I noticed when I went to my Harley dealers show and shine with the Buell it would not attract much attention and if I was at a sport bike event it wouldn't get much notice. I kind of felt left out.

the cool thing about these Buell's is that it seems they aren't really traditional Harley cruisers... or Sport Bikes... seems like Erik created a breed all to themselves... a morphing of Sport meets Traditional.

Awesome machines.

Although I may receive less waves from the Harley riders I do receive more overall.. both Harley and Sport break out the wave and this bike definitely turns much more heads than my Sporty.

damn i love these Buells. I just read an article about Buell in Motor Cyclist July issue. Man this guy is a badass go getter. "25 years of Buellishness".. good read.

I've noticed a significant drop in waves from Harley riders since I went from the Sporty to the Buell. Whats up with this? Same company... same dealers... money going to the same place... same family... etc. So will I be allowed in the door to Harley events and such or will I be blocked given my new no-chrome look? :)

Don't worry... It's just the "Cult of Harley Davidson". If you don't ride a Harley, some riders don"t wave.

These are the same people that would "boo" when the the HD VR1000 was racing in AMA superbike... Old ideas die hard. Some had the reasoning that if Harley had a successful superbike, the company would start building in-line 4s... Even though the VR was a twin.. Go figure...

BUT! Look at the company today! They now own MV Agusta! One of the oldest Italian companies that has a storied racing history... And that means Harley now builds in-line 4 motorcycles under the MV mark.

Remember, you riding on of the best handling machines around... And it's a Harley... The Harley folks may dismiss it because it's not a Harley cruiser... And the sportbike guys dismiss it because its a Harley.

Sleddog...really like your stable of machines...man it must be fun to have time to ride 'em all...toughest descision must be which one to ride...as opposed to us earthbound mortals on the street with 1 or 2 bikes :newsmile040:

Back