free website stats program Buckhorns to Apes? | Harley Davidson Forums

Buckhorns to Apes?

VolBeat98

My bike came stock with buckhorns and I hated it right off the bat. I bought some 32" drag bars and kinda "made" the cables and wiring work. Not ideal and I'm not totally happy with the drag bars either. I want a mini ape style bar but wanna keep the stock length wiring and cables. I've been told the stock bars from a street bob will fit perfect and I'd love those.

I recently changed the original buckhorns on my '92 Dyna to Mini apes (#56079-93). They are 10.25' rise, and I really like them. I looked at several pictures of Street Bobs's on Ebay, and they look like mini apes on them. I did not have to change any cables or wires, but it was close.

From what I can gather off search engines, the 56079-93 ARE the Street Bob OEM handlebars. In which case I'm very happy because I think they're gonna be perfect for me. Thank you so much Breeze, you helped me a bunch.

Don't forget to install new grade 8 bolts for the risers. There's been alot of riser bolts breaking lately.
wilks3
:USA

I have the stock apes on my Streetbob and they are good-I have no issues with them riding long distance.
As a cheap fix at blacking mine out without removing them I wrapped them in a black tape used by racing pedal cyclists on their handlebars.This stuff is lightly padded and has fattened up the look of the bars, it has a faux carbon fibre finish and turned out pretty good.
Don't know if its my imagination but I felt that the vibration in the bars was reduced.

Back