free website stats program BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem.... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem....

Bubbie

I just got back, I was waiting for you at the old red barn there where you said you were. Anyway the chilli dogs were great.:laugh

OH NO,,,, You 'Yorkers can't eat that JUNK,,, I have heard You guys have the Best Dogs back there..
:newsmile036:

You'll be sorry eating ours:newsmile08::laugh

signed....BUBBIE

Cheaper to send out old crank IF crank is okay. The align, pin and weld better than a whole New crank...
BUT If I were to get a new crank I would send it out for the upgrade(weld)
---
Visual Condition of the bushings and the old cams (feel)...

IF a little Loose, Then Mic wear of bushing and IF out of tolerance replace them..? might be just as cheap to buy a new cam plate, todays prices are not a lot as they used to be...

ME on My bike..14,000 miles, still Felt Tight on the old So I Just put the new cams in..
signed....BUBBIE

Even if you buy a New crank, add the cost of a "tig & true" also. If the crank is in your hand (new or used) it would pay to have it performed at that time,,,and be done with that issue forever.

Thanks that's exactly what I was fishing for. Hopefully I've got plenty of miles to go yet before fret the crank (15,xxx now).

What do you guys think of S&S Cam Plate kits? On my "dream list" I had kinda been looking at their gear drive cam replacement kit that does away with the chains and tensioner on my TC.

Thanks that's exactly what I was fishing for. Hopefully I've got plenty of miles to go yet before fret the crank (15,xxx now).

What do you guys think of S&S Cam Plate kits? On my "dream list" I had kinda been looking at their gear drive cam replacement kit that does away with the chains and tensioner on my TC.

Why would you want to change??? You should have the hydraulic tensioners, so it's not like you have to. You might not like the gear driven cams afterwards. Like Dad used to say....."if it works, don't mess with it". Well, he used to say other words than "mess with", but...... :laugh

Well I've taken $$ on my property Up Here and soon to head Down there..

Hopefully....by my Oct 1 BD..:D

I'll have my single bike and double bike trailer and a 12+ 2' O Hang U-haul trk I bought here so I should be covered with transportation but Drivers, That's another thing..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Are you looking for someone to drive the U-haul down??? I might be interested if work is slow at that time. I could fly to Portland to see my daughter and drive it to AZ for you. I've got friends in Phoenix I could stop off and see. How far from Portland are you??? Or once you fix your oil pump, I could even ride your bike down for you :p Good luck fixing it.

I hope the HD warranty comes threw for you Bubbie and you won't have to put your hands in your pocket to get that beautiful bike back on the road. At least that nice Sporty of yours might get a few miles on it now.

Why would you want to change??? You should have the hydraulic tensioners, so it's not like you have to. You might not like the gear driven cams afterwards. Like Dad used to say....."if it works, don't mess with it". Well, he used to say other words than "mess with", but...... :laugh

Thanks for the reply. First off I should ask (late) that you guys PM me since I don't want to double thread Bubbie's thread here.

This thread (as I so inconsiderately failed to respect) is about Bubbie's current cam issues and of which I am interested in hearing the results as they come in. Sorry for my sloppyness Bubbie.

But if anyone is kind enough to repsond further on Gear Cam kits, then please PM or email me. glazier You are probably correct in that assertation but I hear the tensioner pads still wear out even with the hydraulic 07 tensioners. Just was considering it since it wasn't that much more to get it in addition with the other cam & plate kits. If you have further enlightenment to me please PM on it, I am all ears (and plenty of time since I can't afford to buy it now anyhow)

Are you looking for someone to drive the U-haul down??? I might be interested if work is slow at that time. I could fly to Portland to see my daughter and drive it to AZ for you. I've got friends in Phoenix I could stop off and see. How far from Portland are you??? Or once you fix your oil pump, I could even ride your bike down for you :p Good luck fixing it.

Very Generous ESP. the bike thing...:laugh I'll be fine in doing the drives, I have a hard time planning the time line is all.. Wife says I need the exercise...:newsmile011:

I Just took off exhaust, cam cover, ALL is tight on the plate and pump With Plugs out, cranking it over first time, Oil flows up to 30# pressure.... Stop cranking wait a minute and crank again,,,, NOTHING.. No Flow at all... go figure???
Lots of oil out of the by-pass when pressure is up to the 30# but next time tried Nothing doing, not a pound....

must be in the pump...

Might put it back together and go down tue-wed to HD and see IF they will take apart and fix it... on the warranty... ???
or I might jump in and just do a look.. Hate to take it any further when they would..

signed....BUBBIE

Another up date...

I cranked it over and nothing for a few time.. Then on the 3rd try, Oil up to 30# and LOTS of undirected oil out of the area Behind the cam plate... nothing out the relief valve as before... Massive amount of oil coming out... Must be a crack in the pump housing...

Going to get it back together and go for HD and let them Hopefully deal with it..

I know a mechanic that I will request to do the work..... Trust him to be Right to me..

Destination HD of Tacoma Wa.. Here I come..:D

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've diagnosed the problem for them so all they have to do now is fix it. Should all be under warranty.

Back