free website stats program BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem.... | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

BUBBIE'S OIL PUMP Problem....

Re: BUBBIE'S Cam-plate update, a must read.

BUBBIE

Thanks for the quick response. My intention is to do just as you recommend but with a hieghtened awareness that things could degrade and I will keep even a closer eye on the OP. Do you know if cam plate from an 07 will fit my 06 and if not can you recommend an after market version? I intend to keep stock valve train components or possibly switch to a mild SE set of cams. I am really quite happy with the machine right now. Does all I ask it to and I feel 88" & 5 speed is plenty for me.

Again Thank You for all of your insight and help

Keep the Dirty Side Down, Ride Safe:42:

LEOG

Re: BUBBIE'S Cam-plate update, a must read.

BUBBIE

Thanks for the quick response. My intention is to do just as you recommend but with a hieghtened awareness that things could degrade and I will keep even a closer eye on the OP. Do you know if cam plate from an 07 will fit my 06 and if not can you recommend an after market version? I intend to keep stock valve train components or possibly switch to a mild SE set of cams. I am really quite happy with the machine right now. Does all I ask it to and I feel 88" & 5 speed is plenty for me.

Again Thank You for all of your insight and help

Keep the Dirty Side Down, Ride Safe:42:

LEOG

I don't know the answer. IF the cam plate will work as is??? I Know the new TC 96" has a oil system different than the earlier TC motors.. What year of change I could only Guess and that is done too many times as it is..

Someone KNOWING that answer will or Should be along soon.. I don't think they interchange as the parts "list" different Numbers for the cam-plate and The oil pump is Bigger also. The inner motor cam bearings are larger also... IF the SE cam plate is needed for the conversion? then you are stuck HERE.. I Don't know about OTHER made cam plates.. You could check a delkron and fine out what Material but the words ,,,BILLET and Anodized should NOT be contained in any of the better processes in the making.

Let Us Know what You find out please so we can learn..

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

pruning

I don't know the answer. IF the cam plate will work as is??? I Know the new TC 96" has a oil system different than the earlier TC motors.. What year of change I could only Guess and that is done too many times as it is..

Let Us Know what You find out please so we can learn..

Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Well I found out.... Answer is YES.....

Knew this to start with:
The cam ends on the Old style TC 88 motor are Different (bearing inserted in cam plate) and Smaller engine cam bearing then the New style 07+TC motors..

Good news IS: you can buy the Conversion cams the adapt the BOTH together.. SO you DON'T Need to use the SE hybrid plate..

Kits are available from OTHER than HD for this purpose..:D

I would STRONGLY recommend the use of THESE conversions as they use the Better (stronger aluminum) type of cam plate,,, The stock HD cam plate (NOT the SE though) will work and IS a good one.. 07 and Up style... Just having the Special Made Cams that will work on BOTH ends for the conversion is Great.

SO IF you want to use the 07+ New style HD cam plate (wears better)

YES....
Then you need to use the new style High volume oil pump (needed with the new style cam plate). Kits from andrews, woods are available for this FULL TYPE conversion.

OFFERED to fit this conversion are **Cams so you use the FULL complement of the chain sprockets and cam chains used in the 07+ TC model as cams are designed to retro fit BOTH together.... **Cam with small end for 88 motor and other side to fit the New cam plate.

NOW that is a "FULL" upgrade and I would Only do it this way..

Would I change out if I did the SE cam plate? NO, I would watch for early signs of oil pressure drop though, like stated in other post BUT The Oil pressure Drop May Never happen.:D

So enjoy the Ride you have....:newsmile017: FREEDOM

signed....BUBBIE

Been almost a month since the last update......I am very interested on how this turned out. Let us know what you have found and problems fixed. Iam thinking the problem has been fixed for sometime now and you have been out riding all this time enjoying it, cant say blame ya.

Both of the "oil pump" and the "cam plate" threads have been merged.

Notice to all members.

Please continue in the same thread that you started about the problem you had with your bike when you discover what was wrong instead of starting a new thread with the solution.
It causes twice the work for the moderators and the information is split up and difficult to follow for anyone with the same problem.

This has been happening a lot lately.

Thanks

Last edited:
BUBBIE,
Thanks for the answers you provided and the time it took. It is appreciated. I am thrilled to hear about the available options to make my ride more dependable. I will probably research further and when and if the SE plate gives up will have all the parts on the shelf to perform the install. I intend, as you suggest to continue to ride and monitor the OP more closely than before. Again many thanks.

Keep the Dirty Side down, Ride Safe. :42:

Leog

Back