free website stats program Bub 7 - 2 into 1 Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Bub 7 - 2 into 1 Exhaust

cmvsm

Does anyone have any opinions on these pipes from a look, sound, and quality perspective?

BUB 7 2 into 1 exhaust system for the 1999 to 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna

I currently have V&H Straightshots on my bike, and they sound good, but am somewhat preferential to a 2 into 1 system from the looks dept. The Bub 7's have a 4" out, which looks pretty nice. I doubt that I'll get a chance to hear both together to make a comparison, and there aren't any sound bites of these pipes. I don't want the sound to get any quieter, so the same or more would be ok over what I currently have.

Also, I have a stage 1 kit on my bike right now, what type of re-jetting and tuning would need to take place with these pipes? Is this process unique to each pipe manufacturer or due to being tuned already with the V&H pipes, would a smaller amount of tuning/jetting need to be done?

Thanks.

Ive never used or have heard the bub 2-1. Ive used pro-pipes, thunderheaders and bassanis with good results. You should not have to change the jetting considering its only a stage one. If so it will only be minimal. I would bet that the bub 2-1 will be a bit quiter than your straightshots. But im sure the baffle is removeable so it can be modified to make louder. I do this with the vance and hines propipe baffle and it actually picked up hp and tq on the dyno. Good luck, i would like to know how it works.

While I have not seen in person or obviously heard these pipes, on another forum that I'm a member of they speak well of these pipes. I understand that they are easy to tune. One member there that has them on his bikes always recommends them when someone is asking about 2-1 exhaust. They look great from what I see in the pictures and seem priced reasonably. I'd say go for it.

Randall

put these on my 2009 dyna. sound almost as stock at steady speed.get louder as you get in throttle.

I decided to get the V&H Big Radius pipes. Just got them today from Dennis Kirk, pulled em out of the package, and a couple deep 1/2" scratches on them in one spot. The other pipe seems to have some lighter scratching that you can see in the light.

I typically don't expect perfection, but for $500 bills, these things better be flawless. They are going back tomorrow. Really bummed as I wanted to get them on this weekend. Looks like the new caliper won't be showing up until Monday or Tuesday, so I guess no riding this weekend. There's always yard work...:cry

Sorry to hear about your new pipe dilemma - you would've been pleased w/the Bub-7 set too. I ended up getting theit TD's for my Street Glide & couldn't be more pleased. Even got an awesome deal on eBay ($325-new) so it was a win, win. Good luck w/the V&H BR's - they're great pipes too. Show us some pics when you get them installed.

Sorry to hear about your new pipe dilemma - you would've been pleased w/the Bub-7 set too. I ended up getting theit TD's for my Street Glide & couldn't be more pleased. Even got an awesome deal on eBay ($325-new) so it was a win, win. Good luck w/the V&H BR's - they're great pipes too. Show us some pics when you get them installed.

I'm sure that the Bub's would have been nice as well. I thought about it and the 2 into 2 tipped the scale of preference vs. the 1. Always exciting when you come across a can't pass up deal on ebay. $325 is a great price. I'll get some pics up when I finally get em up.

Hey Brutal.. Getting ready to do some work on my pro pipe baffle.. What did you find to work best? Was planning on opening up the hole in plate and leaving the glass out..??

Back