free website stats program Bruce Rossmeyers | Harley Davidson Forums

Bruce Rossmeyers

kemo

R.I.P
Bruce Rossmeyers is a very expensive H/D dealer. Priced latch springs at Destination Harley in Ormond Beach FL. At a local dealer they are $1.50. Rossmeyers wants $2.83. I told the parts guy to put them back on the shelf, that they were charging too much and that I won't be screwed by them. Just a buck and35 cent but it is the principle. A Screaming Eagle E/G is $46000. The other dealer is $36000. Rossmeyer won't be getting any of my money.

Stopped there on the way home from Tampa on Tuesday 12/30/09. I have heard the hight price thing before and we usually just look around and maybe buy something I can not find at home. He has by far more motorcycles than any dealer I have ever visited. Saying that I have been to Bruce's at least 10 times before. If I see something really interested and it's a Harley product I just note the part # and order from Chicago Harley when I arrive home.. where it's always 20% off and no sales tax. On several other post I have expressed my desire for the new 2009 Street Glide in Sunglow Red. He had at least 15 in Sunglow Red. The 6/8 dealers close to me I have never seen more than 2 at any single dealer. There were maybe 3 or 4 just factory stock, others with different degrees of chrome or upgraded exhaust and about anything you would want to add to your bike...chrome wheels...complete stage 1 upgrade and much more. The trip was very educational for me because I saw alive in person some of the things I might like to do to mine when I make the jump. Make some notes and saved some money after seeing a few things than after seeing on the bike I changed my mine. I am guessing he had maybe 40 street glides in all available colors. It was a good stop for me as I continue to tweak my next bike!

YOu would think a large volume dealer would be LOWER in prices. His is the only dealership I have visited that I did not buy something because of the prices. He has a wide selection of just about everything you need but, as stated above, the prices are WAY outta phase. Someone must be buying as he definately has it "going on". If I need anything I will generally plan a ride to St. Augustine and, on the way, stop by J&P in Ormond Beach (right next to Rossmeyers), Wide selection and decent pricing. Ride sfe.

A little over a year ago he bought Boston Harley...oddly enough its not in Boston.Ive also been hearing rumors of him trying to buy other dealerships in my area.I know of at least 2 people who have purchased bikes from Boston Harley in the last year because they offered the best deal.A tactic?Move in, outsell everyone and then buy them out so you can gain control of the market?

I've have stopped in Rossmeyers at "Daytona Beach" for several years and have found the prices on bike accessories were sometimes better than my local area dealers. The first year Destination Daytona was open the prices seemed to be the best.

Haven't really comparison shopped his new bikes. Used bike prices were higher than our local area dealers.

IMO it is always "buyer beware" concerning prices when you shop at harley dealerships.

I went to his Daytona store, both of them, spent close to an hour in each, no one said, hi, can I help you? anything you want? nada, zip. Now no one wants a salesman hovering over them, but a greeting would be nice. So far of the 20 or 30 dealerships I've set foot in, this is the only one that has been like that. He won't be getting any of my coin. I didn't even buy a t-shirt. guess he caters to posers. :)

There is a market of buyers who will pay more just because they can. It is no different than automobiles or even restaurants. I know plenty of places that put on a "higher than you" face and attract buyers that can afford it and do very very well, even though the same paroduct can be bought elsehere for less. While some of us see it as a rip off (me included) others see it as getting on a different level then the rest. Does the word RUB ring a bell? Not saying all who buy there is a RUB, but I bet he does well with them. This is not a stupid man, rather taking advantage of a situation makes him smart and successful. JMO.

Back