free website stats program Broken mount for kickstand | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken mount for kickstand

Re: they're totaling my bike

hi all they're going too total my bike because of the broken kickstand mount (see this thread Broken mount for kickstand - Harley Davidson Community) saying frame damage and the HD shop wants to replace the frame, they wont weld the broken mount and certify it as repaired . But insurance company is giving me a settlement and doing a low salvage rate and letting me buy it back , so now i need a good welder in the southeast PA , philadelphia area. any recommendations and or ideas too help me out here ??

thanks and ride safe

Good Luck, there may be portable welders that will come to you, Make sure to disconnect the battery when the welding is going on, and check your charging system when done:s

I would double check with insurance to see if you will even be able to insure it. Some company's will not.

PaPa T

Is installing a center stand an option? I have one and rarely use my jiffy stand.

Is installing a center stand an option? I have one and rarely use my jiffy stand.

hi there a center stand might be an option ? ive never seenone u have any pics or a link/ site where i can get one ????

I have the EZ UP Center Stand. American made in Stillwater OK and much better than the HD one WHEELDOCK - The Official Site - wheeldock.com

Here are some pictures of my bike. Works great as long as you are on solid ground and not on a forward incline.

Attachments

• 2012-04-13_19-47-54_945.jpg
    2012-04-13_19-47-54_945.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2012-04-13_19-48-38_851.jpg
    2012-04-13_19-48-38_851.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 12

Well rats, wasnt even thinking... you have a Sportster. Sorry about that.

Back