free website stats program broken front engine motor mount | Harley Davidson Forums

broken front engine motor mount

25K on 2004 road glide still under extended warranty.

I was experiencing excessive vibration and took it into dealer and they said I had a broken front motor mount. Couple of ?s is this unusual?, are there other things I should have the dealer check which could be related to this?

thanks,

I was experiencing excessive vibration and took it into dealer and they said I had a broken front motor mount. Couple of ?s is this unusual?, are there other things I should have the dealer check which could be related to this?

thanks,

Not unheard of. There were problems with some of the motor mounts, so HD had a Tech. Serv. Bulletin on changing these out. Not sure if it was gratis or not. But sounds like yours was covered under extended. With the new one just installed, you should not have to worry about this issue. BTW, make sure you do not let oil flow onto the motor mount if you are doing your own oil changes. That will impact the life of the mount.

Improved Rubber Motor Mount - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

thanks,

It is a know problem on 2006 and older models. Here is a link to SB from 2005

Motor Mount SB

Some people also end up with torn front mounts because the proper care wasn't taken during oil changes and the old oil spilled onto the mount from removing the filter,then not cleaned off completely and the mount becomes soft and tears easily:s

thanks,

'02 FLHT service manual recommends replacement at 25k-35K miles. I know, there are original mounts with 75K miles on them and they have never been checked or re-torqued, just passing on what the SM recommends.

Back