free website stats program Broken body and bike | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken body and bike

Glad your alive. Maybe you should consider taking the rider safety program again to see if there are any areas that may need improvement or refreshing. Ride safe!:)

Very glad that you are doing well! Don't rush the recovery. Your positive attitude will help immensely. :bigsmiley11: Take care and best wishes.

gator. as many have said only you will be able to tell when it is time to get back in the saddle again.

friend of mine is just now getting around and back to work after a bad crash last summer. first thing he ask me when he woke up in the hospital was "how is my bike?" then "i wanted to rebuild the front end and make it mine anyway" ICU for 3.5 months, he only had 4 ribs that were not broken. his big problem is he has to work now and doesn't have time to work on the bike. so he is looking for another to ride until he has time to work on the bent one.

Don't rush things, bones take time (try to not watch to many comedies they hurt with broken ribs)

take Care and don't beat yourself up over it

I'm glad it was not worse then it was. I hope you bounce back fast and well. Take you time getting back on the bike and take it easy when you do decide to get back on it.

Hi Everyone,

Just an update. Went to look at the bike at MDHD on saturday, and was surprised that it didn't really look all that bad. Nearly all damage is confined to the right side with the exception of the handlebars which are toast. Wonder if I hit those on my way to being launched. Anyway...MBHD is going to start working on her and hopefully I'll be back on it in ~ 10 weeks, that was the managers estimate. Decided to go with a Typhoon front cast wheel instead of the laced spoke, think it will look really good and be tubeless.

I'm still kinda moaning and groaning in the mornings, man, I have never had a serious injury before and I hope my healing powers are good. In the meantime my son-in-law is doing all the springtime yardwork, I am a very lucky man.

Thanks to everyone again for all the well wishes, can't wait to get "back into the saddle." BTW, my riding buddy is going to take the lead on the first ride back.

cheers
gator

Glad to hear you are on the mend, mmm son in-law doing the yard work, there has gota be a way for that to last all summer

Broken ribs do hurt.....

I was doing some of my fall training with sled dogs last Fall, when suddenly a squirrel ran directly through my team. Needless to say, dogs can stop and turn MUCH faster than a 200 lb wheeled rig. They stopped and turned, I kept going until the line caught. The sudden sideways stop launched me about 17 feet, where I proceeded to smack into a tree with my rib cage. It was interesting to go there a week later and see how far I flew (the leaves on the ground were all messed up where the rig flipped and then also where I landed).

Luckily, I was so pumped on adrenaline that I didn't notice it until I got home! I was too worried about my team running off and getting into trouble.

Rule #1 with mushing: Never let go!
Rule #2: Never lose your team!

Man, that hurt REAL bad for a long time after that. Breathing was painful. A sneeze felt like you were going to pop a lung. Coughing or laughing was agony. I couldn't run dogs for about 2.5 weeks after that (I couldn't bend over to harness the dogs up). Took about 6 weeks for the bad pain to go away, and about 6 months for the aching to disappear.

Take it easy, and try not to get a cold.

Doug

Back