free website stats program broke & dropped it loading it onto the trailer | Harley Davidson Forums

broke & dropped it loading it onto the trailer

wannaride

My heart sank when I realized that my bike was going on its side & there was nothing I could do. The belt broke (5K miles Falcon SPC) so I called my wife to come get me. I got my Durango & Kendon stand up trailer & went to go get it. The flth's are heavy. I had a friend help me & as we were pushing it up the ramp (the handle bars seemed to want to turn & it went up on the track & over it went. Glad I had some help there to get it back upright. Cracked the tour pack & scratched the front fender is all that I have found so far. My daughter has the camera & I don't think my phone will get a good enough pic but will try it. Now to decide if a 136T belt from gates will work or get a HD belt. $225.00 vs $110.00.
Have done search's & found a lot on the Falcon breaking, too bad I did not see those before I got it & I did the search's.

Toby

I got my Durango & Kendon stand up trailer & went to go get it.

Sorry to hear about the tip over. Once they start going in that direction, there's no stopping them. Kendon makes a great trailer. They recently came out with a ramp up-grade kit for 2003 and later models that really makes loading a lot easier and safer. Not a cheap upgrade but I think it's worth it.

Got a Harley belt. As I was putting it on, I thought on how I did it the last time & wonder if maybe that is why it broke. I also thought about how it was packed & shipped. Two things that may have contributed to the failure. First was the small box that it came in (it might have been a 12"x12" box) & second was I did not pull the swing arm but when you pull the swing arm pivot bushing there is just enough room for the belt to slide through, but it does get twisted as you put it through there. So this time I decided to pull the swing arm all the way out. The bolt is stubborn, I have it about half way out when my wife called me in for dinner & I have not gotten back out to finish. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday evening. Will try to get some pics also.

Toby

Awfully sorry about hearing about your dropped bike. Hope all is well in the end. I have dropped mine several times but thank goodness there was no damage to speak of.

Should have looked here before I went up & got my belt at Parker Harley. Could have saved myself 40.00. Did a little damage, cracked the tour pack & dent in front fender & scratched the front fender. Could have been much worse.

Toby

Back