free website stats program Bring on the Cold | Harley Davidson Forums

Bring on the Cold

cromwell

Bike is back from being service at the dealer. So bring on the cold weather she is ready to go. Now to break out my extreme cold weather gear from the attic and I will be as ready as the bike. :newsmile108:

Okay, you can have the cold. I've seen enough already and we've just had our second cold snap. I knew I didn't move far enough south!:shock

Cromwell, with all due respect; ARE YOU NUTS.:hii I can't wait for the first 60 degree day of the spring. It seems to me that the older I get the colder 40 degrees is.

Bike is back from being service at the dealer. So bring on the cold weather she is ready to go. Now to break out my extreme cold weather gear from the attic and I will be as ready as the bike. :newsmile108:

Cromwell, with all due respect; ARE YOU NUTS.:hii I can't wait for the first 60 degree day of the spring. It seems to me that the older I get the colder 40 degrees is.

He must be part Eskimo.......
I too have become a S&S rider. You know sunny and seventy......

I live in Ireland and ride all year long. If I only rode in sunny 60+ weather I would never be able to ride. Plus with the right gear I am able to ride when it is as low as 5F degrees. The only time I will not ride is if there is ice on the road.

I have in the past rode my bike when cold snow and ice on the road makes for an interesting experience
However the stuff that is spread on the roads here to keep them useable in the winter seems to be very harsh on a motorcycle and can be as slippery as ice

Brian

I'll ride in any temps, as long as there is no ice on the road. Dress in layers people. It works. or get a heated jacket liner and handgrips ;)

More power to you...when I got older, riding in the cold lost its fun-factor. Also, here in the Midwest, they salt & sand our roads and finding a good means to wash these elements off in the winter is...impossible. Mine sit for spring thaw/rain.

Luckily I currently reside in South-Central North Carolina, in the foothills. We don't get very much wintery precipitation here, it just gets a bit chilly most of the time so it's not really a big deal to ride in the winter. But for the occasional snow, My bike will be parked, lol.

Back