free website stats program brighter brake light | Harley Davidson Forums

brighter brake light

billst

i have a smoked lens on tail llight and have recieved a lot of comments on how dim my brake light is. i am using the red chrome bulb.does anyone know of a bulb i can use that will show up brighter?

I would guess if the lens is smoked your not going to improve it much no matter how bright the bulb is. Even if you doubled the candle power, only 50% would get through & your not going to easily double the CP.

(I have seen smoked headlights (cages) with HID capsules, and they are dim. Your not going to find any brighter than HID capsule.)

Super Bright LEDs – LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories

Got one of "brightass light" for my bike and very happy with it, no wonder they called it "brightass" light.

I had to replace my Kuryakuan smoked LED tail light for the same reason.

I have HD's smoked lense LED on there now and everyone can see me now.

It is more expensive than a light bulb, but cheaper than a trip to the hospital after getting rear ended.

Switch back to a, RED lens, and get a, LED bulb, and quit messin' around with your life! You, and maybe that brake light, is all that a cage, might see, when you're on your bike.

Brake lamps should not be dim, either the smoked lens is improper (i.e. meant to go with bright incadecent (filament) type lamp or you have weak or blown driver/LEDs in the replacement setup you installed. Either way, pitch the smoked lens setup or replace with brighter LED type brake light system, too dangerous to leave as is!!!

I was thinking about inventing a flame thrower tail light. Maybe that would keep cars from tailgating me...

+1 on the BrightAss Light. Got on on my rig and I get comments on it all the time. A buddy and I switched bikes one day and I rode behind him. It's almost obnoxious in terms of intensity. If it envokes that description from me, the owner, just think of what the (EDITED) cagers feel about it. I now realize why they go around or change lanes. :D

I have it set up to stutter a few times before going to full on. The tail light comes with a very strong magnet that is used to change the flash pattern. Hold the magnet up to the lense in the right place to scroll through the 23 flash patterns and three output intensities to choose from.

These guys primarily manufacture lights for law enforcement applications but have found a market in folks like me who really want to be seen from behind.

Cant post a link yet. ww_.brightasslights.com

Language is not permitted on this forum.

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back