free website stats program Bright taillight | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bright taillight

If I may spend my 2 cents worth here. I have a B.A.L. on my EGC. I first had it on 3 blinks then steady brake light. Riding Buddies said it blinked so fast they almost did not notice it before it went steady red. I then changed it to 7 blinks then steady red. Now it does get those cell talking or texting cagers attention!! It helps if you get someone to pull the brake handle for you while you make your necessary settings. I also have mine on level 2 or medium setting for tail light. Happy trails.....

I picked up a Brightdonkeylight the other day, can anyone tell me what all these brake patterns are? They give you a reference guide but they don`t say what each pattern does.

I got one a week after I got my bike. As others have said, read the directions. In addition I also went through the different levels of patterns and brightness levels several times. In the end I selected the brightest running lights and the brightest most annoying light pattern for the break light.
Now they back off from me when I stop, even during the daylight hours.:newsmile082:

I got one a week after I got my bike. As others have said, read the directions. In addition I also went through the different levels of patterns and brightness levels several times. In the end I selected the brightest running lights and the brightest most annoying light pattern for the break light.
Now they back off from me when I stop, even during the daylight hours.:newsmile082:
I love my light and I too, also put the settings at the brightest. After all, not everybody who is behind, aren't always the brightest drivers.

I first saw the light when it was on another bike I joined while riding in Utah. She spotted a tire that blew that was was still in the middle of the road. She hit her brakes and boy did that taillight look big and bright. Looked like a 3' ball of light! I knew I wanted one!

There are settings, and they are noted, that aren't completely OK with the brightness (DOT/FMVSS Compliant)
but I'm willing to go with the being noticed factor.

If riding with a group, especially at night, I try to be the last bike. Otherwise it can blind the bike behind you when you hit the brakes. I found that out on a night ride.

Read the instructions probably three times..I had to.
The light setting is "very' sensative, you will have to go thru it several times to get what you want.
Mine is tail-light +1 on brightness.....brake light +1 on brightness. I use the 3 blink-3 blink-steady on setting.
wilks3
:USA
You can't adjust the brightness of the brake light, just the running light.

Yeah, you can get a brighter brake light setting.
There are a number of settings that are higher than stock.
They are listed on their web page.

The people that have followed me can verify the vastly brighter setting I have on my bike.

You can change the brightness and flash pattern by using a tie wrap, tape or string to hold the break lever in order to keep the break light on. Use the magnet that came with llight to the rear upper right corner of the light to change the patters and brightness.

Either way, you got a very good light.

Last edited:
Back