free website stats program Bright LED Taillights | Harley Davidson Forums

Bright LED Taillights

JDPEagle

I came across a "Bright (EDITED) Lights" display at my local dealership over the weekend. They were EXTREMELY bright, flashed, and almost reached out to slap you in the face (OK, maybe not the last part, but really close). :newsmile070:

Does anyone have any experience with these, and/or know of any less expensive alternative (< $200)?

The Bright Lights Website

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty interested in getting this myself. When I saw it at the dealership, you physically could not look straight at it for more than a second without physical discomfort. It has the option to "turn it down a little" and I think you would need to do that if riding with buddies (at least one's that you would want to ride behind you again).

Sorry... I was referring to the "indie" Bright *CENSORED* Lights. I have not personally seen the H-D LED Tail Lights.

Upon further review I must say The HD Light is Not as bright.The light on the video seemed like a laser beam.That should get someones attention(or at least burn a hole in their windshield!)

Put Kuryakin LED lower profile version rear stop light on my Sporty, easy install, every thing plugs and is nice and bright...easily seen even in the daytime, available at the dealer (they had the black/clear version in stock, I ordered the red OEM looking one). Strongly recommended, even had a biker stop me at a stop sign crossing asking me about it.:newsmile048:

I installed a Harley taillight part#68085-08 on my softail.It's a bright LED.Price was 139.95

I did the same and seems to be very bright and very good feeling that I've got more than the stocker. I'd love to install more rear lighting, but won't happen since I've got the Ugly leather tour pack! I guess there's alternatives, but not many.
Ugly John

I don't have the $100+ for a tail light. I found one in the JP cyles (drag has them also) that plug into the tail light socket (can even get a blue dot) with no modifications. about $30. Used it to replace a dim LED that came with an EBAY special clear tail lens. With the lens and the bulb, I can be seen without problems and have saved mucho $$$ for food (or what ever). That's my opinion on the Stealership tail lights.

I really wanted the same (LED) for my EGC. I wanted to make sure i was seen, but I've put enough into the bike for the start of the season. Putting down the $139 for the HD LED was not an option for me.....
What I did was purchase the HD conversion which now has changed my rear turn signals from yellow to red and they run as runnning lights, brake lights, and turn signals.
Easy install (plug & play) gave me 3 brake lights and 4 running lights on the rear for about $55 (probably because it came in the HD wrapping). I'm very satisfied with the outcome.

5Pack, good tip, actually I have the same mods for my white running lights up front and red running lights out back as well, and yes at a very decent price...made up for the $120 I paid for the Kuryakin LED taillight (20% off coupon).

Back