free website stats program Brembo Brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

Brembo Brakes

BuddyK

Can I replace the front brake calipers on my '04 EG with the newer Brembo Calipers from an '08?
Thanks

I would bet for the front you would have to change the lower fork tubes.
On the rear it would depend if mounting bracket would fit inside swing arm and if there is a lip to hold bracket into swing arm. Plus you have the master cylinders which would be different do to the valving.... :(

I was considering this upgrade as well and the calipers mount to the same points as the pre 08 models. Rotors need to be changed and caliper bolts need to be changed as well (Brembo's are shorter). Banjo bolt on the master cylinder needs to be changed if using the stock M/C which some that have done the conversion say work with the Brembos, BUT the Brembo system uses DOT4 whereas '04 uses DOT5. Complete, and I mean complete system flush is needed. Best bet is to get the calipers, lines and M/C used from eBay and you should be able to get everything for $400 or less if you're savvy. I've held off since I'm not really convinced it's worth the $$$ to do the conversion. Mine stops fine the way it is, even running a single calier setup. JMO

BigAL
I'm working on converting my '04 EG to a single caliper on the front as well - basically so you can actually see the nice expensive chrome wheel. What did you run into doing the conversion other than changing the master cylinder to a 9/16?
Did you lose much in braking? That's why I was looking at changing to the Brembo caliper since it's supposed to be much better than the older stock caliper and they are much cheaper than an aftermarket caliper.
Thanks for everyone's replies!

I answered you in your other post as well. Stock master cylinder for dual calipers running only the left side now. Stops fine :s
WAP.gif

Thanks for the info. Still looking at changing to the 9/16 cylinder. Found the Brembo calipers on ebay for a good price. Had to buy both and only need the left. Will try to pass the other along to someone else and offset some of my expense.

Ride Safe and Ride Often! :)

Back