free website stats program breather heads ?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

breather heads ??????

I now have a set of Sceamin Eagle heads. My bike is a 1991 FLHS. What are the the best choices for beathers on my bike. I will also be installing a TP Eng. oil pump on my engine. Also would upgrading to one of the steel breathers also be a good idea (S&S or Jims)

thanks
Glenn

I now have a set of Sceamin Eagle heads. My bike is a 1991 FLHS. What are the the best choices for beathers on my bike. I will also be installing a TP Eng. oil pump on my engine. Also would upgrading to one of the steel breathers also be a good idea (S&S or Jims)

thanks
Glenn

GLENN, I asked Chopper to read your other post and give you a GOOD opinion ... Sounds like a great older bike and your Past posting tells of a lot of upgrades..

LETS hear what Chopper has to say..
Then I may come back in..

signed....BUBBIE

Don't know if you bought the heads new or used so here's the install info, I would follow hd's recommended upgrades with the heads, it's hard to beat the big sucker air cleaners with k&n filters, but look around and see what looks good to you.

View attachment Cylinder Heads 1340.pdf

I got them new. I have a k&n on there now. Since my motor does not have provisions for breathers in the head and my new ones do. What kind of breather kit should I use?

If you look at the instruction sheet table #4 Additional Crankcase Ventilation parts it list a 29134-92 back plate I think that would be a stock plate for 93 & later evo? but any air cleaner that fits 93-99 evo's should work like the S/E 29543-99B air cleaner, but the parts are listed that you should need to put it all together in tables 3 & 4. You pretty much just have to plug the old breather port once you have installed the new air breather. It's a great set up, you are still running the stock carb? If it's in ruff shape the S/E 44mm carb would work very well with those heads and at $309.95 it's not too bad a investment. Your going to have a great set up when you're done and will be worth all the work, just take your time and enjoy. Any other questions just post and myself or any of the other tech's on the forum will do our best to answer.
Have fun, I know you will.

I do not have a stock carb. Here is what is on my bike now.

Motor is .10 over, Mikuni HSR42, Andrews EV-13, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe HS 2in1,and Dyna 2Ki-5P Screaming Eagle Stage one intake kit
I will be addind the Screamin Eagle heads, SE-57 cam, 10:5:1 Screaming Eagle matching pistons, and Sceaming Eagle intake. I'm also updating my oil pump to the TP Eng. Smart Pump.

I did see the parts listed one the instuction sheet I was wondering if there is some thing better? There are a few chioces out there on breather kits just wondering if one is better than the other.

Glenn

instead of using the backing plate they list on the install sheet that will not work with your carb take a look at this breather set up that is in the s/e catalog and should work with your carb set up.

Back