free website stats program Breaking into a garage | Harley Davidson Forums

Breaking into a garage

I didn't watch the videos but it's an easy fix. Just tie-wrap the release arm. Tuff to open from the outside, easy to open from the inside.

Can be prevented by using deadbolts on the side rails

but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an automatic opener??? I can lock my garage door with the side rails locks, but then I can't open the door from the outside.

Can be prevented by using deadbolts on the side rails

That may be a bit of a pain if you are coming home, when it's raining cats and dogs, and want to enter the garage. The deadbolts would completely disable the door, unless you were to use the type with an external key. But you would still have to get off your bike or out of your car to unlock it Using the tie-wrap or placing the cord so it can not be reached from the outside still allows for normal door use.

but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an automatic opener??? I can lock my garage door with the side rails locks, but then I can't open the door from the outside.

Of course, but, if security is the question!
We know if someone wants in bad enough they are probably going to do it though, just makes it tougher.

i just line the garage walls with my used gun range targets. fair warning plus a big great pyr. hopefully make someone think twice :33:
patrick

Back