Breaking into a garage

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Spade5, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Spade5

Spade5 Active Member

2. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

I didn't watch the videos but it's an easy fix. Just tie-wrap the release arm. Tuff to open from the outside, easy to open from the inside.

3. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Can be prevented by using deadbolts on the side rails

4. glazier

glazier Junior Member

but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an automatic opener??? I can lock my garage door with the side rails locks, but then I can't open the door from the outside.

5. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

That may be a bit of a pain if you are coming home, when it's raining cats and dogs, and want to enter the garage. The deadbolts would completely disable the door, unless you were to use the type with an external key. But you would still have to get off your bike or out of your car to unlock it Using the tie-wrap or placing the cord so it can not be reached from the outside still allows for normal door use.

6. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I don't have windows on mine.:bigsmiley20:

7. glazier

glazier Junior Member

I don't either, but they say an experienced thief can do it by feel. Not hard to figure out the center of the door and where the rail is.

8. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Of course, but, if security is the question!
    We know if someone wants in bad enough they are probably going to do it though, just makes it tougher.

9. wfmacii

wfmacii Member

This video was an eye opener. The zip tie is a great ounce of prevention. Thanks for the post.

10. pjciii

pjciii Member

i just line the garage walls with my used gun range targets. fair warning plus a big great pyr. hopefully make someone think twice :33:
    patrick