free website stats program Breakdown Blues | Harley Davidson Forums

Breakdown Blues

Leonard Lanier

I own my 2nd triglide. Had a 12. Now I've a 15. It goes out of 2 year warranty the last of May.
It's not garage jewelry. 30'000miles in 2 years. All over eastern us. I've had my share of problems with them both. It's in the shop now with a laundry list of problems before the warranty runs out.
Lifter sticking, 2 compensator in 30g, brake master cyl, now the water pump has quit on it.
With all the above u will laugh at my question. Money is the issue. The 5 year extended warr. Is
2424.00. For 5 years. 1 year is a cool 1000.00 bucks. Someone give me their long Harley history wisdom. Mine is only 5 years dealing with this. When I pick up my bike for the last in warranty repair do I bite the bullet and get off a grand or do I not HELP. Len

I guess it depends on how attached you are to it and how long you want to keep it.
With the issues you've already had I'd at least go for the 1 year. If you opt for the 5 year it could be a good selling point if and when you sell it. I do believe the extended warranty is transferable to a new owner.

Man,you've had more problems on that Tri,than I've had on my last 5 bikes.I go from 10-12k a year on them.But I never got a warranty.I believe if I were in your shoes I'd make the decision to either get a new one or buy the 1 year.If you trade/upgrade every 3 years,your due now,and they have the Milwaukee 8 mill.The 1 year will hold you till 2018's are out.

Back