free website stats program Break out the leathers! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Break out the leathers!

You known you Southern guys need to keep the ride alive for us Northern guys. We are pretty much done for the season. Bike has been parked away for a week and got our first snow today in Pittsburgh ,Pa. So keep riding and posting about it. Thanks.....

That's a big 10,4. Heading down to the FloraBama tomorrow, will probably have on the leathers for the ride down.:D

Commuting every day until we get ice or snow. Been below freezing a number of times at 5:00am when I leave the house. Managed to get by with leather jacket until temps got down into the 30's then broke out the one piece suit.

I might be getting :bigsmiley28: but I don't care who you are or how young you are, 65-70mph for 30 minutes at ooohh dark thirty when the temps get below 35 deg is cold.

I think all my bike gear is away for the winter now today was the first time since monday that i managed to get the car home, at the warmest part of the day with the sun shining it got up to -3 centigrade
Im too old to ride in this sort of cold

Brian

Cold here in North florida Today, chaps and stocking hat, it will be cold for the next week, I know it sounds funny but it does get cold here:s

No leathers for me this winter. I have 3 leather jackets that "shrunk" over the years, and my chaps look like leather leotards when I put them on (wife has to zip legs).:D So far, a textile jacket and long underwear has been working. I'm gonna shrink back into my leather, really I am.

Funny how leather does that when we get older....:p:p

Cold here in North florida Today, chaps and stocking hat, it will be cold for the next week, I know it sounds funny but it does get cold here:s

Jack is right about the cold here. This AM it was 33F at 7:00. had to be back home by noon, so I took a short ride to Lake City for breakfast. 33* at 65mph not only leather but had on the electric vest as well.

No leathers for me this winter. I have 3 leather jackets that "shrunk" over the years, and my chaps look like leather leotards when I put them on (wife has to zip legs).:D So far, a textile jacket and long underwear has been working. I'm gonna shrink back into my leather, really I am.

Let me know when you come up with something that helps YOU shrink back into your leathers I could use it too.

It was starting to get too cold in Middle Tennessee, so we took the 5th wheel and headed to Charleston, SC to visit the boy. Said, "What the heck, let's stay here this winter." So, no AZ this year, but we will get to spend time with our son and grandkids.

This necessitated a speed run back to TN to get the Dyna. Left at 0430 Monday, got to Clarksville at 1330. Rode the Ultra to the dealers and picked up a new oil filter and some Stabil. Went home and changed the oil on the Ultra and put it up for the winter. Loaded the Dyna up on the trailer. Took the car and ran errands (honneydo's) Tuesday. Left home about 1900 Tuesday with the Dyna in tow and got back to Charleston about 0700.

I discovered one really large glaring truth from this trip. At 39 (celebrated the 25th anniversary this summer) I am just too darn old to make runs like this anymore. Had a stiff neck, headache, upset stomach, and was all shaky. Guess I just need to get my beauty sleep these days. :lolrolling

Moral of the story? No matter what the weather, time constraints, age, etc., there is always time to take a ride or go someplace that you can ride. Enjoy your winter however you have to, I will be riding at least some of the days.

Been wearing mine off and on for a couple few weeks now. Even broke down and bought some new softer leather chaps. My old ones were cheap and stiff as a board. I don't hate riding in the cold but I do already find myself looking forward to April.

Back