free website stats program Break out the leathers! | Harley Davidson Forums

Break out the leathers!

Grillfish

Well, it's been such a warm fall/early winter here in central FL, but tonight, going to be in the high 30's and freeze warning north of me. Time to switch over from the light jacket and t-shirt to my leathers!! Oh I love this time of the year.

Ride safe and have fun.

Already did a couple of weeks ago, we did a HOG ride. The temp was 38 when we left (a little chilly) and about 62 later in the day. The leathers had been in the closet since last winter, time to shake them out.

You known you Southern guys need to keep the ride alive for us Northern guys. We are pretty much done for the season. Bike has been parked away for a week and got our first snow today in Pittsburgh ,Pa. So keep riding and posting about it. Thanks.....

We will try not to rub it in, tho Grillfish is right it is cold here now :s

I have used mine several times in the past month or so. Blood thinners and arthritis, I just ain't as tough as I was 30 years ago.:D

Well, I am also using the ol' leathers for the morning and evening commute, as it hit the 43*F last week, last night it hit 38*F so even in sunny SoCal we get our version of "cold"...none of that funny "white stuff" yet.:newsmile075:

Up here in the Great White North we generally wear leather's all year long, and never go anywhere without them, as the weather can change real quick. This past season I was in my leather's alot more then out of them. In fact the only really nice weather was my trip into the States.

Yer makin' me envious! I put my bike under lock and key storage in mid November. I rode EVERY day for the three weeks prior, including one day when it was snow flurrying! On October second we went on a Benefit Run and it was 28-32 degrees for the first leg. When it warmed up to 40 we were shucking clothes like a ... well, you get the idea! *LOL*

Ride an extra 20 miles some day this week for me! Enjoy and ride safe!

No leathers for me this winter. I have 3 leather jackets that "shrunk" over the years, and my chaps look like leather leotards when I put them on (wife has to zip legs).:D So far, a textile jacket and long underwear has been working. I'm gonna shrink back into my leather, really I am.

Back