Break down

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by kemo, Jan 3, 2012.

1. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Rode into town Monday morning, every thing fine, got my business done and got back on the bike and hit the starter button and oh oh, dead battery. I get some dude to give me a push and she starts but the voltmeter shows no charge, so I say a prayer and make it back the 28 miles to the RV park in Salt Springs. When I get back the volt meter is down as far as it will show and the engine is starting to sputter. It looks like I will be changing the stator and rotor and regulator in a few days. Anybody able to recommend a good supplier.
    Ken

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Ken the closest local supplier would be Ocala Harley. Gainesville Harley isn't much further. I don't know about Ocala but Gainesville is closed on Monday. There is a shop across the street from Cheyenne Saloon in Palatka but I don't remember the name or if they would have the parts you need.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Ocala HD gets my vote, unless you want to drive to J P @ Destination Daytona, Good Luck Ken:s

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. kemo

kemo R.I.P

I ordered aftermarket parts from an indy shop down the road from Ocala HD. Parts cost $400. for a new stator, new rotor and a new regulator and primary gasket and a bottle of oil for the primary. Hope the parts get here before Fri. J&P was going to be almost a week for shipping and HD was 4 - 5 days. The stator was burnt where theleads are soldered into a stator coil.
    Ken

1 person likes this.